Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get mine done as the last owner must have drove the car between 2 kerbs all the time!

Any Suggestions? I am in Northampton...

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
795 Posts
Give it a go ya self?? Not that hard and theres hunders of guides around the net ya can have a look at.

·
Registered
780 Posts
yeah, i did mine, its quite time consuming depending on how filldy the design is.

once you've done it take it to any bodyshop and they will do a quick cash in hand spray. make sure they put plenty of laquer on to stop the stones wrecking it!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
how much refurb? how badly kerbed? are they true? are the tyres dead?

do u want to just paint or want them filled back to mint standard?
are they really dented? you might need to file and not just fill them!
if they arent true then its not worth bothering. buckled wheels spinning round isnt good
if they tyres are basically gone it might be worth removing them and spending time doing the rim of the wheel properly.
if your not removing tyres and you add material like filler you will need to get them balanced again. they normally add 5g-50g of lead weight to balance the tyre. adding a small amount of filler will affect this.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i am currently doing mine, i have filled and filled them. they have come out really gd. All the paint in total came to about £50 but i may need some more. If anyone want to have a look ask n ill send u a pic of the one thats finnished

·
Registered
795 Posts
If ya can modler write up a How-To and post it up in the DIY section!! That'd be cool :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts