Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a honda civic VTEC 1.5i hatchback. my question is that i get very reduced air flow from my heaters. Even if i have it on full blast. i can hear the pressure in the car as its on full blast but very reduced air flow comes out from the vents. what can be wrong. someone told me i need to change my cabin filter. i have no clue as to how to do it. i have pictures of my car on this forum viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4595" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
can someone kindly send me pictures on how to do it or in simple words explain please. pictures would be beneficial. what filters do i need to change and where are they located.
Thanks indeed

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sounds like there is a blockage somewhere, crack the bonnet and check for leaves under the windscreen. Other than that, check heater matrix (get a manual if your not sure) and squeeze the heater pipes see if any difference is noted. If so undo and replace as there may be a pipe with a hole in it or something.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
blockage could've got as far as the cabin filter (you will find leaves there).

the cabin filter is behind the glovebox. remove the glovebox by opening the glovebox and pulling it down while pushing near to the cylinders which stop it from opening fully. you can see them by wiggling the glovebox on its stops. they also should have rubber on.

once you get the glovebox off you need to remove the metal bar that the pivot of the glovebox is attached to. there are 4 bolts each side. the lefthand ones are accessible by removing the plastic thats hidden when the door is closed. remove that. then you can get the left piece to the side of the glovebox. the actual cabin filter is in a plastic case behind the original metal bar. the best way to understand is to go to your local halfords, open up the haynes manual and have a look!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts