Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm?

I have an 07 Civic Hatch, I seem to get alot of moisture in both rear light clusters ( indicator/stop lamp), on removing them it seems to me that the cluster is made in two parts, the bulb housing and then an outer housing that is glued to it, something like a double skin, can anyone confirm how they feel these clusters are constructed?

In removing one unit and attemting to dry it out, the moisture does not go, even if I place silica bags or any other moisture aborber, there is still water droplets in between the inner and outer shell, my local dealer says that that the contruction is not in two parts, if this is the case why do all the cars on the forcourt not have clouded lenses, they are out there all day all week in the elements, just trying to see if it's a common problem or not.

TA!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have also noticed that the rear light cluster have started to gather condensation in the plastic housing in a week of me owning Civic Hatch Type S. I have not tried doing anything with it yet, as i was hoping to find a quick solution on forum... o_O

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mazza76,

The clusters now replaced under warrenty, seems the seals go and this has been noted on a few models, worth asking, you may get yours done too :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts