Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

At the risk of sounding like the dumbest member of the forum so early in my HCF.co.ck career i have a question...

How do i remove/replace my 6x9's on the rear shelf of my Coupe? I can only get to 2 of the screws by removing the grill which sits right above the speaker, by the looks of it i would have to remove the side trim panels which go all the way to the doors and the complete rear shelf/panel which all looks like great fun and i know i'll break something in the process, any tips??

Thanks, Scott.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Just for good measure.. heres a few shots of it being done :D
Obviously as you can see i put in a custom shelf.. not just replaced the speakers but hey.. had to do it the same way.. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a go last weekend and with alot of patience and a few swear words i managed it, had to go to Halfrauds to get different 6x9's as the ones i had before were too thick!

I was in a bit of a rush and managed to fit the speakers and a new ipod head unit in about 2 hours!

·
Registered
3 Posts
u can pop the reAR shelf off by pulling the side panels out just enough to squeze the rear shelf of takes about 5min in total and no breakages !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts