i think you should
buy a group buy and sell them on here no doubt you'd get alot of customers :D

·
Registered
295 Posts
kb28vtec said:
i think you should
buy a group buy and sell them on here no doubt you'd get alot of customers :D
You would, I spoke to him about a group buy and he said if I got a pallet with 30 sets on he would sell them at 115, so I left it

·
Registered
786 Posts
need money for that but youd make it back pluss more :ugeek:

·
Registered
53 Posts
after going through all the replyies about racelands i was about to go on ebay and buy them for my eg and now theres hardly any in stock :( should of looked at this thread months ago *palm* lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got a set of these on my coupe :) Well not exactly I got rokkor ones there made in the same factory, exact same shape and design, only the springs are black, payment goes to raceland, they even come stamped with raceland on the sheet in the box (cant remember the name of it some inspection thing?) but, they were €50/60 cheaper the racelands :D

I bought my car 9 months ago and got them almost straight away, there perfect for the money, not to stiff but definitely stiffer over stock and they can go fairly low, great for a daily, can't go wrong although they don't seem to be selling anything atm :( I would definitely recommend them (raceland coilovers) to anyone wanting to lower there car on a budget!

Heres two pics to show how low my coupe is now, the coils have about an inch and 3/4 on the front and 2 1/4 on the back left to go down!

·
Registered
53 Posts
i found some racelands for the ep2 would they fit on a eg ?? and they seem to have loads for everyother car apart from eg's and ek's :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
gutted, wanted some of these too.

quick Q tho, would these be able to be fitted without using spring clamps? could you wind it all the way down to have space at the top to assemble top mounting etc?

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Tonys post and advice....

7. Spring clamps (i managed it with out them but if you value your life i'd use them :p )

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
and forgot to say, i spoke to the guy as well, these would be back probably by next season, as this season nothing would be made. maybe fall or winter. so wait a bit, or save up and buy meister :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
sorry havnt posted replys been away.

yeah you can do it with out spring clamps... but you have to un bolth the old top mounts and the spring then pings itself, the top mount and the nut in various directions. quite dangerous. your choice.

tony

·
Registered
786 Posts
just emailed tuning leader on ebay raceland suppliers, he told me the EK racelands will not be back in stock
:(

·
Registered
295 Posts
me and kb28vtec were lookin at those prosports, but tbh i cant see them being much diferent from raceland except the price :yawn: and personally if i was spending in that price range i would buy a decent spring shock setup, imo racelands were only so popular due to how cheap they were and how they perform similar to other coilovers like vmaxx etc, which are priced alot more. so now racelands are gone it seems the cheapest coilovers are now around the 300mark, better to buy 2nd hand good sets then others for that money lol
just my 2cents :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
exactly right IMO ZenYo, racelands are only good when you take into account the price... they are not as good as D2, meisters or BC etc

but for £160ish quid there brilliant.

if you end up having to buy £300 coilovers coz they are like racelands your wasting money. If you want it slammed then save a bit more and get decent coilovers.

just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
yeah, just asked wasnt sure if similar to racelands or not. Looks like im stuck, RL seemed a good price, dont realy wanna spend mroethan that, anyway, im about to slam an MB not an ek-g-j whichever. no need for a decent one currently

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
i seem to have really bad rattling on my front passenger side, you would think the spring was rattling around all over the place, driving over a stone would have it shaking, strange how it is only the passenger front when they were put on at same time to same height and same way etc

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
yeah every now and then mine make a ping sound as they move about. Dont rattle tho as they have weight on them... u sure the bottom seat hasnt come loose?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
they are under slight compression even when jacked up so plenty when the weight of the front end is on them, it rattles like mad, gonna have to take it off this weekend and check it out

141 - 160 of 167 Posts