Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hear what your saying but some people just dont relate to the current post as a answer to the last , as a lot of the time the following post is general to the thread most of the time ,and not a specific to the last post.
if you get my drift ,
also if you are quoting someone who has written a lot as a generally do :) the quote is a good reference when you are writing your reply :cool:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
yeh i get what you meant.. what you need to do then is select the bit you want to quote, and copy it.. then click post reply and inside in the little panel thing, click quote and paste it between the quote sections.. I'll explain by spelling quote wrong or it will just come up as a quote..

basically copy and paste the text you want quoted like this [qoute] paste your quote in here [/qoute]

Remember the / or it wont end the quote. it will show up like this.
paste your quote in here

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh i get what you meant.. what you need to do then is select the bit you want to quote, and copy it.. then click post reply and inside in the little panel thing, click quote and paste it between the quote sections.. I'll explain by spelling quote wrong or it will just come up as a quote..

basically copy and paste the text you want quoted like this [qoute] paste your quote in here [/qoute]

Remember the / or it wont end the quote. it will show up like this.
sorry just having a go at that :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
if you do it like this [qoute="Edd"] thats how you get the persons name in it

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
I removed the ability to quote the last post, because it is entirely unnecessary. Its basic forum etiquette you don't quote the last post. It serves no purpose and just means more scrolling for everyone.

When people manually quote the last post it should be automatically removed by the system.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i dont agree i have made valid points as to the reason for quoting the last post and if you remove my posts i see it as being petty , i am sure i am not the only one to think this i am just the only person who wont be dictated to and have the balls to say something ,
if you dont like this i am sorry but its how i feel ................................

·
Registered
780 Posts
surely tho, if your talking about the last post you don't need to quote it, as it should be obvious what you are talking about

or just mention their name in your post and that makes it black and white!

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats ultimately the problem a thread goes off topic generally , its quite often relevent but not direct to the original post ,and as i said before ,
i hear what your saying but some people just dont relate to the current post as a answer to the last , as a lot of the time the following post is general to the thread most of the time ,and not a specific to the last post.
if you get my drift ,
also if you are quoting someone who has written a lot as a generally do :) the quote is a good reference when you are writing your reply
:) :)

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Lol Paul we're not trying to dictate to anyone. It (should be) automatic and is just a feature. If everyone quoted the last reply then there would be so much unnecessary duplicate content.

As Hugh said, simply saying their name in your post should suffice.

You're right in some rare cases people don't know what you are replying to, so just make it more obvious by saying their name.

By far the most common way forums work is one post after the other.

I hope I'm making sense, I'm pretty hung over. Read more about it here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts