Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much BHP does my car have?? i have a 1994 honda civic 1.6 v tec, engine code d16z6. could you tell me some information about my car, especailly rhe following:
BHP
MPG
HOW MUCH IS THE ROAD TAX FOR 6 AND 12 MONTHS

im just courious really, cheers

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sounds like the esi. This car has 125bhp sohc vtec. does 0-60 in 8.9 seconds. Mpg? 30's depends on how you drive but the vtec is there to help control mpg when you want economical driving. Its a 1.6 so your looking at £185?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im sure it can do more than 123mph, i had a i.4 astra mk4 i toped 134, if you dont belive me check it on youtube, type in astra 134mph and check my name k sindhu, i would have thought it would have been able to do about 135- 145 max

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I'm not saying you can't mate. That's just the official stats. Of course you can go over it.

And I assume you're talking about this video:

[youtube:2jknkxn7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJWgIzrjCBM[/youtube:2jknkxn7]

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
this is intresting :

A car cruising on a highway at 50 mph (80 km/h) may require only 10 horsepower (7.5 kW) to overcome air drag, but that same car at 100 mph (160 km/h) requires 80 hp (60 kW). With a doubling of speed the drag (force) quadruples per the formula. Exerting four times the force over a fixed distance produces four times as much work. At twice the speed the work (resulting in displacement over a fixed distance) is done twice as fast. Since power is the rate of doing work, four times the work done in half the time requires eight times the power.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
at 135 indicated on my clocks gps says 130. at 74 indicated on clocks gps says 68. in my dads 2001 civic the clocks are 5mph out comparing to gps speed. some are more accurate than others. gps speed is still more than the measurable speed by lasers/radar

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nickyboy said:
it`s top speed is only 120 MPH

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/ ... ?car=13376" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you honestly thought that could do 135? no chance. VTi yes but not this car

Oh my clock goes up to 160 but it`s top speed is 146

i didnt think it could go past 120 but im all new to this, i jus put my foot down and see what it could do, i aint proving anything it was jus something i did,
( im not trying to show off or anything, jus making a debate lol)

having sed that my girlfriend beat me in a focus dun 140 lol we are very compeptitive, but SAFE i couldnt go any faster she was driving a 1.6 focus
l8az peepz! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts