Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heeeeeeeeeeeeey Everyone .....

I Cant beleive it ...but yes , i Over Rev my EJ9 1.4i today in 1st Gear - up2 7500 Rev den it kinda slowed down after i over rev it ...so i changed gear quickly to 2cnd.......what do you guys recon.....?? would the Car be okay ??

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Re: Qulity of a Honda Engine + how long it Last

Lol MewwY I do that constantly. Rev it too high and it will just cut out, all cars do it. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

will be fine, as long as u dont do it in every gear!

tolenences in honda engines are really good compared to eg ford engines. my car is capable of revving (to the limit) 8400 so the occasional 9k rev limit you find on tuned cars is okay.

i had a ford engine from the box do 85,000 miles of about 99% full throttle. the block and pistons were fine. followed service schedule and sold it on. i heard it was going fine!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

ohhhhhhhhhh ......LOL so in this Case you all tell me that my Car will be fine....but have less life time if i drive on redline all the time .....

Thnx so much ..... oh yea, one more thing .... Does all Honda Engine last long, e.g atleast 150k milagee ??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

250k ?????????? >:-( >:-( >:-( >:-( are you sureee ??

thats means i dont have 2 buy another car or engine anytime soon ^______^ hehe

i service my Honda every year so i should be fine then.....but 250k milage>?? nickyboy are you sure ?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i change the oil at 6k too but at £20 a fill its a lot better value! already done 10k since feb so i cant afford to change the oil to fully as i wont be able to afford the mileage!!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
mines a lot better than my ford one (all the power that had it cut out like i put the brakes on!) and mine it hits is and bounces but i dont seem to get jerked as much! better ecu? even though my engine is from the 80s and the fiesta was from the late 90s!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Hondas will last forever MY D15z6 had 155k on it when i wrote it off :'(

the last 30k of thost done by me at redline pretty much all the time and it still runs sweet as a nut! I slammed the absolute bollocks out of it around coombe and it didnt blow up :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts