Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 665 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the idea is to use mostly Spoon Sports parts on the EM1. This will be a challenge as Spoon never made any external parts for the coupe just the hatch. Engine wise that’s not a problem as the EM1 shares the same components as the EK4, So almost all the parts in the engine bay will eventually be replaced by Spoon parts. And if and when I can get the money I will be purchasing a Spoon B16/B18 engine to put into the coupe. However that will be the last thing to be done as the stock B16 is good enough as is, but it would be good to have the extra 2k RPM that the Spoon B has :p

Externally the car will be VERY different from the standard coupe, Yes folks the car will have a kit. But you’ll have to wait and see for the kit as I’m not giving anything away yet (NO it’s not going to be an OTT kit).

Anyway that was the plan, however that’s kinda been put on the back burner at the moment as the car needs to be repaired from its little run in with a Hilux. (full story here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

As ya’ll see from the pictures below there is a wee….. bit of damage to be repaired first before I can get back on track.

Got a heap of new parts coming, so I will update again when I have some of the new parts.

Chris

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Davyw22 said:
oooh what class write off would that be mate also this body kit you talk of its not going to be like that shopping trolly 1 in america is it
Yes davvy, after spouting abuse about that kit i said to myself "hay I think i'll put that on MY car"....... You retard!! lol

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Ah the damage isn't that bad, attack it with a lump hammer and will be fine. I take it its not an insurance write off and you didn't report the accident?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
very nice, ill keep watchin this to see the progress :cool:

dunno why but iv always had this image in my head i wanna make a complete spoon build, and for a photoshoot take a picture of the back

of a spoon with your cars reflection in it, would look so cool lol

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
paul20v said:
Edd said:
Ah the damage isn't that bad, attack it with a lump hammer and will be fine.
Written with the true finesse we have come to expect from you Edd lol
:D I call it farm mechanics! Hugh is just as bad as me mind, Russel thinks we are both nuts and that I have an unhealthy obsession with angle grinders :twisted:

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Edd said:
:D I call it farm mechanics! Hugh is just as bad as me mind, Russel thinks we are both nuts and that I have an unhealthy obsession with angle grinders :twisted:
Like Leepu from chop shop?

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
josh897 said:
very nice, ill keep watchin this to see the progress :cool:

dunno why but iv always had this image in my head i wanna make a complete spoon build, and for a photoshoot take a picture of the back

of a spoon with your cars reflection in it, would look so cool lol
Cheers bud, well this is going to be a VERY special build as the car needs to be ready for May the 31st as it will be being displayed at my club stand at NEMS09.

Edd said:
Ah the damage isn't that bad, attack it with a lump hammer and will be fine. I take it its not an insurance write off and you didn't report the accident?
Aye, one big hammer should knock it all out again lol. No didnt report the accident to the insurance company. Yes nicky, well i have some new pics for you..... Just of the new parts that i have got so far...

When the rest of the parts get here i'll post some more pics :)

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wasn't to bad actually, brand new bumper + prepainted to the cars same colour £254.16

New wing £111.56

Plus i've been looking for the parts second hand i just could'nt find them any where :neutral:

The only part i've managed to get second hand was an AC radiator off a Jordan :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Davyw22 said:
i fought you said you was putting a vary rare or something like that body kit on it or is that bumper just for now till you have it all ready
Im useing the standard VTI bumper as part of the "kit"

Gsung said:
bloody hell - crash looks bad!

Good luck with the project
Yeah found out that civics dont come out well when they nudge a Hi-lux lol But to be honest about three quaters of the damage is just body work damage so its simple to fix that..... buy new panels lol

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More parts...... :D

EK9 Lights and not the cheapo EK9 "Style" these are the proper JDM Honda EK9 lights

Made in JAPAN baby!!! :D :D

Can you find my car?

Yes thats her down there completely covered over by snow, but thankfully i put a cover over her to help protect against the weather

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Even more new parts

Finally got my impact bar as what Honda sent me first time around was the foam insert for the front bumper....... Nae sure how they got a metal bar confused with a foam insert??

Anyways heres some more pics

Got a new cable for the battery too

And some bolts for the Impact bar

Yes some JDM bolts lol lol

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
lol ffs atleast honda are getting some business these days

looking forwards to seeing the final outcome

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts