Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well then, there's about one week left before my EG6 arrives and I've had plenty planned for its arrival. As some of you may know I'm running a blog of my project so you can follow the whole process of tuning and maintaining the car if you are interested of course.

http://project-eg6.blogspot.com/

My EG6 | In Japan

Ok so I've purchased a few nice items prior to my Civic's arrival to keep my mind occupied until the very late landing date of November 11th. After hearing many many good things about the BMC CDA air intake system I thought it'd be best to try one out for myself, this seemed to be reasonably priced for the quality of the product. It became clear this is definitely a race spec intake system when you open the box, the carbon box itself is beautifully finished and comes with all the necessary fitments for easy installation. One thing I noticed while briefly reading over the instructions for fitment was that it says strictly for circuit use, not for road use! Strange but this should turn out very interesting if its insanely loud.

After owning a Carbing front lower arm bar on my Starlet EP82 and being most impressed with its ability to change the handling characteristics from such a inexpensive part I had to buy a full set for my EG6. At only £60 each per bar its well worth it and they are very simple to fit and make a noticeable difference.

I also purchased a rather simple device which is much needed when importing a JDM car into the UK, a speedo convertor which doubles up as a speed de-limiter, the device simply splices into the wiring loom on the top of the gearbox on the EG6 As many of you know that in Japan they have a 112mph top speed limit built into all there cars, even the R35 GT-R has this.

I bought a few more tuning parts for the EG6 last week and they've turned up and they're looking rather nice. I don't actually know if my EG6 has been de-catted already but I've gone ahead and bought an adjustable one with the 02 sensor hole so its all 100% correct. I also ordered some APP Braided S/S Teflon brake lines to give a more responsive pedal feel while braking, then seeing as I'll have a new induction system installed which and along with the de-cat I think the car will start to run slighty lean. So to counter this I've ordered a new SARD FPR kit in matt black with the pressure gauge and all the fittings I need for the B16A, hopefully this will level out the Air/Fuel mixture on a pretty basic tune.

SRS S/S De-cat Pipe

Well then, after the parts I ordered a few weeks back turned up I thought it'd be a good pass time to update the blog and get some new pictures up for you guys to see what I've got in store for the EG6. After purchasing the BMC CDA Intake kit I have a feeling that the Air/Fuel mixture won't be bang on, in fact it will be more than likely a lean mixture, so to balance this out I purchased a SARD FPR Kit to fine tune the fuelling on a basic level, at least for now. I used one of these kits on my EP82 Starlet and it was very accurate and reliable and simple to set up so it was an easy choice to buy another one. For the intake system I've decided to use some custom piping and silicone hoses rather than using the original silicone piping to possibly aid performance and also clean up the look of the engine bay.

Also not forgetting about the braking system, which was actually something I overlooked on my EP82 Starlet when I increased the power. I went and bought a set of APP Braided S/S Brake lines as something to start off with that will change the brake pedal feeling from something I can only describe as rather squishy to a crisp and firm pedal feel for more confident braking. When the car eventually arrives it will be going straight for its MOT and service so just to be safe I purchased as set of NGK Iridium spark plugs to be sure its firing perfectly on all 4 cylinders.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: project-eg6 blog

lots of nice bits there mate
let me know how the bmc turns out and sounds
i keep meaning to buy one but have not quite got there yet.
Thanks dude, I've heard good things about the bmc, I'll be putting it on the rolling road so hopefully we'll see how good it actually is.

Im liking the look of this already!! :D
Looks good, keep us posted ;)
Thanks guys :), i'll keep this thread up to date so you can check on the progress, can't wait for it to arrive now.

·
Registered
332 Posts

nice looking eg6! quite jealous mines doesnt look like that! or have the extra 10bhp! cant wait to see it on the move!

·
Registered
43 Posts

Looks like a stong start mate. Its def' gonna have to be an eg6 for me next, how do you go about importing one though?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

nice looking eg6! quite jealous mines doesnt look like that! or have the extra 10bhp! cant wait to see it on the move!
Thanks dude, I'm looking forward to seeing it on the move myself, haha.

Looks like a stong start mate. Its def' gonna have to be an eg6 for me next, how do you go about importing one though?
Thanks, I have a friend who does a lot of private imports so I just asked him to do most the legwork, I just sourced the car myself and told him i wanted that one.

Edit:

Hey guys, just a quick update. I went to Liverpool last week to collect my EG6, couple of days later she was registered and rocking on the UK roads and I'm loving it. Definitely worth the wait and the money I paid. I've already installed a few minor tuning parts so far but for now I'm just enjoying the sound of the VTEC and the awesome handling potential its got. I took some decent pictures for you guys to check out, let me know what you all think;

Now in the UK

Apologies for the amount of pictures, it was a really nice winters day though so I couldn't resist. Also check out the USDM style orange side lights, not sure if thats illegal over in the UK but they look pretty kool.

Thanks for looking. :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Nice write up, car looks good dude, I had those sidelights, didn't have any trouble with them. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts