Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2003 Civic sport. 1.6 vtec.
Thinking of getting a CAT BACK poerflow exhaust fitted. Been quoted 320.
Anyone got one on theres or know anything bout it.
If so what they sound like, Power increase?? etcc etc etc

Thanks

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
dont really expect to get much of an increase just from a catback, you'l just get a bit more pull, maybe 5-10bhp if your lucky seen a few cars about with what looks like powerflow exhausts and they sound good, nice deep tone, definately on the louder side but not ridiculous

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yer but how much would it be to have this fitted??
And i thought powerflow were a very good make of exhaust?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
i dont think powerflow are a bad make, nicky just thinks magnex are better! upto you, im sure powerflow is a good make and theres ppl out there unhappy with magnex, and visa versa!!

dont be silly get on your back and fit it yourself lol!!! just make sure you drench the old bolts in wd40 or sumthing the day b4 u go to take them off or you will end up wanting to kill someone

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
shouldnt be as bad with your car as its only 5-6 years old but i had 13 years of constant heating and cooling around my cat that just made those bolts not want to come off!! ended up having to take an angle grinder to them and drilling the bolt out!! not fun at all!!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
lol oh dear!! yea i went through a full small can on the blowtorch trying to loosen them, got the bolts to turn about 3 times then it just completely locked up and my hands were far too sore to keep trying to out came the power tools :cool:
took ages drilling out the old bolts tho, working from a 2mm drill bit right through to about a 10mm

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
ran round to a local garage about 100 yrds away to ask how much they would charge to losen up the bolt, they said it could cost anything upto 60 quid depending how bad it is, i laughed at them, grabbed a handful of complimentary murray mints and a hot chocolate from the machine and went and did it myself lol

D.I.Y FTW :cool: lol

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
lol pure lazy but fair enough if ya have the spare cash-ish!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a powerflow on my EK (cat-back). I didn't fit it the previous owner did. 300 quid sounds about right. Exahust is 4yrs old and still top condition.

Mine sounds the muts nuts. Great for roar in mid-range. Its pretty subtle sound-wise just pottering around but unleashes when you hit the gas. A bit noisy at 60mph+. For long motor way driving your ears will know it after an hour or two but thats what sacrifices are for.

Fitting an exhaust is easy and a great way to save a few quid. Get some poly exhaust mounts at the same time to reduce resonance (5 quid each from Halfords).
To get real power increase you need to ditch the cat, a noticeable difference but the risk is police finding out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts