Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I find out which power steering fluid I need for my car, went to halfords and their guide says refer to car manual, I dont have one

many thanks :confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
my personal preference is to buy fluids like that direct from local Honda dealership. non-OEM fluids can corrode the pump internals - not sure how true that is as it was a Honda salesman who told me :-/

·
Registered
158 Posts
carlosEK4 said:
my personal preference is to buy fluids like that direct from local Honda dealership. non-OEM fluids can corrode the pump internals - not sure how true that is as it was a Honda salesman who told me :-/
I worked in a dealership where the manufacture specified oil was exactly the same grade as the ATF we where using.
But Honda does reccomend using "honda power steering fluid"

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
carlosEK4 said:
you have answered your own question/ statement there ,
lets be honest when did oil corrode anything , and which ever brand honda use it will be a major oil producer because honda dont make oil ,
so the salesman was being a salesman
all manufacturers recommend there own branded oil.

·
Registered
45 Posts
a good point well made jimmytech and paul20v. Honda branded fluid was cheap enough and helps with the FHSH thing.
The lady who owned my car before i did had everything done at Honda - even new wiper blades and 2 new front speakers. I was laughing when i drove away with it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts