Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, I decided to return my civic that I am selling back to stock, which ment the removal of a full nur spec blitz exhaust and an apro induction kit.

So after putting back on the oem exhaust and filter i decided to take the ek4 out for a razz on the motor way to see any differences, and there were - obviously.

I was quite supprised though. It seemed to me that the car was alot more resonsive and quicker in the lower part of the rev band, but not as powerful higher up in the rev band, i belive this to be air starvation when the vtec is engauged, , but i wonder why it seemed more responsive lower down. any one know any thing about this ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Alot of people are for the stock airboxes as alot of research goes into them, but I would say the exhaust probably helped with the low down torque as the gas cant flow out so easy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, interesting point, one thing i noticed though was that the down pipe exit on the oem one was 2.25" , but on the blitz one it only seemed to be about 2", so that would of restricted it more no ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
civicandy said:
hmm, interesting point, one thing i noticed though was that the down pipe exit on the oem one was 2.25" , but on the blitz one it only seemed to be about 2", so that would of restricted it more no ?
No the opposite, strange :shock:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nickyboy said:
i was gonna buy that car too, you can forget that now! it`s fucked!!

LOL, piss off you haggis munching, kilt wearing thistle faced barsted ;)

Hows it going nway nickster.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TerryCTR said:
civicandy said:
well im confused :roll:

·
Registered
116 Posts
civicandy said:
TerryCTR said:
civicandy said:
well im confused :roll:
What I meant was the blitz would have restricted it and generally the smaller the pipe diamter the more lower down torque you would see, but lose it top end. So from fitting the oe with a larger diameter you would expect better gas flow and therfore netter top end, saying that the stock box could be restricting things quite a bit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts