was just lookin for some opinions on how to get some more power from my b15z3, things such as induction kits etc nothin to major or will mods such as these even give much of a power gain on this engine, cheers
all stuff like induction kits and exhaust systems give a little gain but not a lot ,
but generally they complement other mods better like gas flowing heads etc
its all really a question of money as to how much power you get out of anything
n/a cars are always more expensive to get good bhp out of compared to boosted engines.
Me personally am only after around 170hp, just so i can thrash Golfs, clios, mercs and rubbish like that (obviously not the BIG engined mercs, :-S
Power gains on the D16y7 isnt too bad, ive noticed quite a big difference since just getting the AEM short ram with a cold air pipe going to it, although i have full exhaust also.
- Full exhaust with piping being no more then 2.25",
- 4-2-1 Manifold, NOT 4-1!!!,
- AEM pulley kit, not this rubbish off ebay,
- 255degrees Cam which will enable you to puch the limits of the valves being left open for longer meaning more petrol and air equalling more power (any more then 255 and it'll idle HIGH, revs will bounce too much and youll struggle with normal driving,
- adjustable cam pulley to tune up your cam ,
- Fuel pressure regulator to enable more fuel entrance into sylinder via adjustable pressure,
- Air Fuel mixture Controller
All the above should be good for a bit of power, although it would cost atleast £1700 for all that.
i have to agree with you thrashing clios but golfs and mercs what rubbish about them or do you have a specific model in mind
because your going to need more bhp if you want to thrash a r32 or most v6 engined golfs even a chipped 1.8turbo golf or the newer one at 200 bhp standard
if you had wanted to slate and thrash the clio and corsa fiberglass brigade i would understand there crap
I wana thrash those cars which are in the same league as a Civic!
v6 4 motion is a big car, aint guna beat that on motorway. same for the skyline wannabe the r31.
Its the TDI's, smaller mercs, ie 320 and under (theyre slow as snails off the lights), BM's and stuff like that,. Cars which dont wait in the queue and try and do an "inside job on ya", dont you just hate the PIGS!! lol
the golf v6's arent all that quick, a mate has a vr6 with exhaust and filter and running against my crx with the old d16a9 in it with exhaust and filter, 146bhp on dyno, the crx left him behind on straights and through the corners, the golfs are very heavy cars especially the v6 and understeer is quite bad because of this, so a well tuned coupe would be in with a chance as long as it is setup to go through the bends at speed