Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty sure you get this all the time but got a decision to make....

I am looking to buy a facelift Civic Type R for around £8k or an Astra VXR for around £11k.

I am trying to work out if the Astra is worth the extra cash or am I wasting my money

Opinions appreciated

Cheers...

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Lets face it, Honda make jaw dropping NA motors (coming from somebody with boost) that others cannot compete with ;)

My ideal combo would be CTR lump SC'ed in any Honda body :evil: :twisted:

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Not too sure I would agree with you, I think CTR,s are a good all rounder for the money, Golfs have had there day :)

BTW I never paid more than 2K for a car in my whole life lol

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Civit said:
Give it a go.... I bet he would be embarrassed against your CTR ;)
id put my corrado up against nicks type R there would be nothing in it ,
i have had the odd dable with ep3s and theres nothing in it acceleration or handling
its also very dependant on driver skill
and i here nick cant drive for toffee lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Being realistic about running costs as well, not fancying the petrol that goes with an R32.

I have pretty much decided now anyway, I test drove an 07 plate VXR on Saturday. They let me go out in it on my own which I was amazed at, so i definately put it through its paces, and to be honest it didnt float my boat, ive owned some fast cars before and it just didnt feel special. Now on the other hand... Sat night I drove my mates 05 Civic Type R and that did impress me, it felt alive and bordering on angry, whereas the VXR felt like an Intercity, yes I was going fast but it just didnt feel like i was. Massive fan of the Vtec, not having driven one hard before.

Result Civic 1 - Astra 0!!!

Although I am also thinking of test driving a Meganne 225 F1

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Yeah I would have to agree with you about the VXR's, I have come across a couple and have not been that impressed.... not driven one though, driven two or three CTR's & they always put a smile on the face :D

With Renault's it seems to be the build quality with them, my brother bought a couple of Espaces from new over the years.... and they were shocking & Clios always seem to be slated, perhaps Meganes are better :)

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
Renault clio williams, yes its a lary death trap, but fun!!! :D ...seem to be good at making lairy hatch's... clio V6 etc.

The plastic in new renaults feels weak and cheap and i dont like the seats very much. New focus RS for front wheel drive madness!!!

Never driven a new civic, pre 2000 am i!

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Still think CTR's are the bench mark ;) theres only one thing that could turn my head.... Mazda RX8 with either a turbo or triple rotor conversion.... rev city ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts