Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have bought a 1.5 lsi honda civic k reg when i bought it the engine ran very very smooth i was driving up a steep hill in second gear i took it to 6000 revs just as i changed into third there was a noise from underneath as if something had dropped or blown off as something rattled and banged under the car from the front through to the back i took it sraight to the garage on inspection there is nothing that as come off or blown mechanics think its just co-incidence that some thing rattled under car as there is no sign at all of some thing thats fell off. but when started it idles very rough it still drives spot on though, i thought i had broke a valve so i have had a compression test and all pistons run at 200 psi ( the mechanic said he could not believe how all pots were so up on compression with mileage and age of car) i have had all the leads plugs and dizzy cap changed but it still idles rough i love the car but 3 different mechanics cant see whats wrong, please can any one help.

·
Registered
770 Posts
have you modified the car at all?

taken any parts off or replaced any before this happened?

where about did you hear the noise? front, middle, back?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no mods at all i bought car off a 66 year old man wh as had it for past ten years only mod is some nice alloys he put on, noise came from front as though i ran over a can and it hit road and knocked the under neath of body and flew out of back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts