Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I've got an EP2 (2004 Sport) as most of you will know by now :p

Anyway, I'm looking to do some upgrades here and there, but as I've not passed my test and only just turned 24 last month, I can't really afford (insurance-wise) to do any performance shit... yet. So, this is my list of stuff I'd ideally like to do/get done first.

Replacement boot lid/hatch as I dented mine on a stupid Transit van ¬_¬ but I think I've got that covered, just need to double-check the guy still has it. £80+ Delivery (think it was £30?)

Spoiler from a Type-R for about £50 delivered if I'm patient on eBay.

Seats (preferably from a Type-R) £200 delivered - again, if I'm patient off eBay...

Black or smoked rear lights for about £60 dfelivered (or about £3 if I just get a pair of black tights from tesco, haha)

HID bulbs for £65 delivered from that JDM guy, plus I'll have to find some matching sidelights to 'avoid looking gay' haha so any help with the sidelights would be great. Think I'll go 4 or 5k for the headlights?

Improved brakes, ideally straight off of a Type-R, no idea on the prices though...

Oh and I'm toying with the idea of saving up to have it sprayed a brilliant white as I reckon it'll look amazing, not to mention rare as fook! though I've already been told by people on here that it'll be £600 to a grand for that shit! :(

So, what do you lot think - Prices reasonable? Or am I looking to spend a lot more/less on any of those. I'm just using those figures as a guide, plucked out of my arse, haha!

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
For the hids, if you get bi-xenon they have a built in sidelight and a relay so itl save you hassle of getting seperate sidelights, the only thing is they are more expensive than stand alone sides.

Id say get 5k though, 5.25 i believe is natural daylight, so thats the most useable light.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any links to info about those bi-xenon things (preferably ones to fit the EP) or even what to search for on ebay.

Also, does anyone know what the engine code is on a 2004 Sport?

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
MichaelVtec said:
For the hids, if you get bi-xenon they have a built in sidelight and a relay so itl save you hassle of getting seperate sidelights, the only thing is they are more expensive than stand alone sides.

Id say get 5k though, 5.25 i believe is natural daylight, so thats the most useable light.
Bi xenons are not available after market for anything other than H4s , they dont have built in side lights and the best colour for ultimate road light is 4.3k
but yes they are more exspensive than singles , as true bixenons have built in solenoids to pull the globe back and forth to replicate H4 twin filament bulbs.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much are we talking here, and surely it would be easier to get those HID lights from JDM for £65 and find a similar sidelight? Aren't the EP lights H4's anyway?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts