Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so again, a marmite item, either love em, or hate em.

Whats your opinions? I have 2 gauges in my can which are just taped together and shoved in a gap as there is NOWHERE to put them. hence considering the pillar holders..

just want some opinions on them..

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oil pressure, volts and im gonna get an oil temp one too.. all race X digital ones.. :)

I cant do the center cos i have an air vent there.. and im not too keen on the look of them stand alone ones..

I was thinking of buying two single ones, and cuting into my door card and mounting them there between then dash and the handle (fair bit of space)

what dya think?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
urgh.. shit load of wire extensions though, and they'd all have to go through the door loom.. be a big job..

·
Registered
117 Posts
u only need dials if u have got a car with shit loadz done like turbo etc they look well odd in normal cars.
pillar pods are good if its a track car but like nicky said it takes alot of your view up. imo
but its up to you your car and if your happy thats all that matters!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lmao guys your so wrong, an oil light comes on at 4 barr. you car should run normally between 85 and 100.
when it starts dropping you should worry at around 25.. so id rather know, at 25 and then fix the problem, than be driving around and suddenly realize its on 4 barr...

its for prior warning.

the volt is so that when im sitting somewhere listening to music and my sub and lights etc are draining my battery, the gauge lets you know when you need to switch the car fully on before your battery dies..

they are absolutely nothing to do with performance.. its maintenance.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
crxhugh said:
ALWAYS keep an eye on your gauges/dash so important to constantly watch temps and pressures etc!!
Exaclty!! And its always better to have aftermarket gauges as they are more accurate and let you know things quicker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts