Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hoping you can help.
My car suddenly cut out on the motorway throwing the pgm fi code. Managed to get to safety. Rac arrived an hour later, cleared the code and got going for another 200 miles and it did it again. Another hour wait and no rac but got going again for another couple hundred till I was almost home and did the same. Any ideas please? When the car was cut out I tried to re start and it would turn over but not fire up. Occasionally it would fire up and tick over for a bit but soon as I hit the accelerator it died again.

Really hoping it's not the end for my baby!!

I have also attached the codes from the rac

Thanks all in advance!!
Font Number Document

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Russbear79 I am just wondering if you managed to get your car sorted and what the problem was as I am having similar trouble. i have just put a post on explaining that my car is shutting down with the engine malfunction light coming on. It normally happens in hot weather or when the car has got hot in a traffic jam. No idea what it is and it's driving me mad as it is an intermitent problem and didn't do it all winter. Anyway I hope you managed to get your car fixed any information you have would be appreciated. thanks Tracy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya, it turned out to be the fuel pump. Got a used one online for £130 and it fixed the issue....only now I have a glow plug issue! Never ends!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello
Hiya, it turned out to be the fuel pump. Got a used one online for £130 and it fixed the issue....only now I have a glow plug issue! Never ends!!!
Hello There thanks for the info I have just bought a new lamda sensor which I am going to have fitted but if that fails to cure it I might try the fuel pump next. I took my car for the mot a week or so ago and it conked out during the emisions test which is a first even for me. I have another test booked for later today so am crossing fingers it will at least get through the emisions this time I live in France and the mot is quit strict although its only very two years. Thanks again for the info I hope you get your glow plugs prob fixed, like you say, never ending. Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts