Honda Civic Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so ive been on forums in the past that lets individual users have their own colour schemes for the forum.

Good idea?

Bad idea?

Il leave it with you guys.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Do you mean entire themes for the forum? Any theme I build and install I can add the option of allowing the users to choose between them.

However I won't, because from experience having more than one theme to support is a complete nightmare. All users must run on the same theme to cut down on complication.

I hope you understand. The site's complicated enough to manage as it is.

If you can think of a happy medium I'd be happy to hear it!

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fair play.

Yeah what i meant was a whole forum theme, changeable from the users control panel.

For example, a light colour theme and a dark colour theme, whites and blues, blacks and greys.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Alec, I think Michael was thinking more about colour schemes rather than whole BB themes that you were thinking of. I can't see how colour schemes would be much of a problem but them I'm not a web designer :D

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bb themes, wtf are they?

Please explain in ways that a person with only the most basic of HTML experience can understand

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If there are two themes, then everything on the forum that gets changed will have to be done twice so that it works on both themes, which is pretty pointless and alot of work for alec everytime he makes an update.

IMO its un-needed as when we make the new design for the theme etc it will be awesome and you wont need another theme anyway :p

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Colour scheme/full bulletin board theme is the same thing in phpBB. It wouldn't be much of a problem to begin with but it would be soon. I speak from experience ;)

Skinny's exactly right. Everything I do I have to do twice. If there was a feature request, I would have to do this for each different theme.

The whole reason I rebuilt the site this weekend was to streamline and automate more things. Adding more theme for our users to choose from is basically duplicating the site. I'd rather only run one here :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Ah right I thought that you could impliment different colour schemes easily enough without having to change themes. As you explained you cant then dont worry about it ;)

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see what you mean.

No worries bro!

Didnt think it was as hard as what it actually is. I remember back in the day when i made a freewebs website and how much i got pissed off trying to do that. Ended up using fireworks and exporting to html lol. MISSION!!

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha yeah, everyone had one. Il try and hunt down my old websites when u get home and you can bask in my HTML godliness.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Honda is red, red is the accepted colour I think. Like it says at the top, the red theme will be back tonight.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
:evil:

Like it says at the top of the screen: the current colour scheme is temporary and it will return to red tonight. There was never any debate about whether we should change the default colours of this site.

Topic locked.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.