Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Jan 2006 Honda Civic 1.8 exec. I had a totally flat battery, recharged it, the security alarm sounded and wouldn't switch off. I put in a brand new battery, connected positive first, no difference.

Have tried key fob buttons, tried locking/unlocking door twice. Tried locking/unlocking from interior. All doors, boot, bonnet checked shut. Tried all these a few times. Car turns over but cant start, siren continues. Any ideas, please? I tried asking Honda dealer, they had no idea.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Do a search on civinfo.com - they probably suffer with the same thing 7th gens did; the siren battery loses it's charge and either needs replacing or resetting. Or the chipboard is buggered and could need replacing.

I was told by a Honda technician that it may just need resetting at a dealership, before leaving the car running long enough for the siren battery to regain enough charge. But he did say it may work without having to be reset too.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Cop out!

I very much doubt it needed the work they said, there's plenty of stories of people paying over £1000 for various alarm problems on the Type R site and then people with the same kind of problem only paying £100...

Oh and if it does need a new one then I hope you told them to do one?! As you might as well get a decent one instead - like a toad a1606 :)

One that works instantly rather than giving the thief 30 seconds before going off. Lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a problem were there is a drain somewhere on the battery, after buying a new battery and having the same issue, an auto electrician has had it for 2 weeks and can't find the problem, he has told me it needs to go to Honda and he has been told by a Honda technician it is a known problem with the alarm system and that would need replacing...any ideas on what this is going to cost me??? I get the feeling my wallet is going to take a kicking!!!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
If it's a known problem it could be that they'll fix it for free.

They did recall a lot of the '06 ones to fix a problem like this years ago. My parents one had it done - and also had a new windscreen due to the wrong seals being fitted.

Stick your vin number in here and see if there's any recalls outstanding on it: http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/youa ... ndupdates/

·
Registered
1 Posts
It went back to Honda garage. No joy. It needed new security alarm system fitted. Expensive. OUCH!!
old post but im having same problem. By new alarm system you mean just the siren module or the whole alarm system with new immobiliser box/module????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts