Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been slow for a while.. but yesterday it just cut out.. luckily whilst it was up.. lol.

Any ideas how to fix this?

·
Registered
780 Posts
have u checked the obvious, fuses??

you mite just have over stressed the motor and it cut out to cool down, take you door card off and give all the workings and sliders a good coat of WD40, i did this when my door lock refused to open, now you can blow on it and it slides smoothly!!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
If it was slow for a while, sounds like it just packed in. Door motors are infamous for this.

Gotta take your door apart and fit a new motor. The new motor will be way fast though! It's a quite a bit of work, and can be expensive if you buy the new motor straight from Honda which you may have to do.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh ill have a go at that when it stops raining for more than 30 seconds lol.. i dont really wana pul all the white plastic off the inside of the door though.. seems like it would stop moisture gettin in...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
passenger, on both dorrs though, you take off the door card and theres white plastic lining stuff stuck over all the parts in the door.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah its like glued to the door.. dont suppose its really needed, its just that it must be there for a reason. i'll just rip it off.. lol 8-|

·
Registered
780 Posts
watch out for the glue holding that stuff on, it stays liquid and it goes onto anything and is a bitch to get off!! even my tools got covered in it when being carefull :-

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i'll be sure to watch out for that... how the hell does it stay liquid after like 11 years? lol you sure your on about the same part as me lol.

·
Registered
780 Posts
well not liquid, but you know how silicon is when it comes out the tube, bit like cheese on a hot pizza!!
it holds the polythene sheet to the 2nd metal skin of the door

·
Registered
780 Posts
could be, if its been sticking then it just suddenly gives up, could be a power surge, come on it'll take you 2mins to find and check, if not get the door card off and put two live wires over the motor terminals, if it still goes then all is good, if not your motors fried and you'll need a new one, but they look like a bitch to fit!

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Skinny said:
nah its like glued to the door.. dont suppose its really needed, its just that it must be there for a reason. i'll just rip it off.. lol 8-|
i see i am going to have to keep an eye on your antics the door membrane as its called stops the water coming in your car and soaking the door card and carpets always put it back get some gaffer tape to repair it if you wreck it :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
get i wanna get new regulators but they are so expensive and apparently a total bitch to fit..

PAAAUUUULLLLLLL....?? haha

·
Registered
208 Posts
just a piont dont use wd40 on windows or sunroof
silcone spray works for longer
tried and tested
got that advice from honda

1 - 20 of 20 Posts