Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new 2017 (UK) civic and it seems that the front parking sensors are easily and regularly triggered by the rain.

Finally went into the dealership (having worked out the pattern) and they said they were all fine and when pushed, they suggested that rain running off the bumper ran over the front centre two sensors, they would go off. It sounded more like they made it up on the spot than it was something they were really aware of.

I asked if they were going to report it back to Honda and if they were going to do anything about it and they said they’d report it but that’s all.

Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my car in March 2018 and during those rainy days, my front sensors keep triggering too. The car has told me I need a service, so I will be bringing it up then.
To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed with the car. Coming from a BMW with only a few gadgets, I expected more from Honda. The auto wipers seem to have a mind of their own too. Thats on top of the tyre pressure warning alerting me three times in the first month to nothing wrong with them.
Ah, and I had the the drivers seat runners completely replaced after it squeaked and creaked at any seat movement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got the new 2017 (UK) civic and it seems that the front parking sensors are easily and regularly triggered by the rain.

Finally went into the dealership (having worked out the pattern) and they said they were all fine and when pushed, they suggested that rain running off the bumper ran over the front centre two sensors, they would go off. It sounded more like they made it up on the spot than it was something they were really aware of.

I asked if they were going to report it back to Honda and if they were going to do anything about it and they said they’d report it but that’s all.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Yes I've got a civic 2018 sports+ and have exactly the same problem. I tried calling Honda in Reading, no call back so will chase them...

Doesn't look like there is a permanent fix tho.. I'll make sure they do something as clearly a lot of people have this problem..

·
Registered
9 Posts
parking sensor issue

Honda are aware of an issue with parking sensors and your dealer can order counter measure parts to rectify this. The grill needs replaced as the holes in which the sensor fits have a design fault. Mine was replaced recently and solved a long standing problem. I also complained to Honda UK customer service a number of times and they gave my £150.00 vouchers for in inconvenience. So don't let your dealer tell you there is nothing wrong...….there is and Honda have at last come up with the solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had this with the Type R? I've got this fault and had the dealer tell me there is no fix for the Type R but Honda are aware if the issue. Apparently its due to the difference in the bumper?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Civic (Prestige) went in for service yesterday and when I booked it in I asked if there was something that could be dialled down in terms of the parking sensor sensitivity as they fire when it rains.... They confirmed that it is now a known issue across the range and will be fixed under warranty but there's currently a 5-6 week back order for the new parts.

Apparently they've not had a Prestige spec in yet and the grill is made from a different material but it's still under the same warranty. That might be the same for the R Type.

For me they also need to fix the air conditioning (they can't work out where the gas is going) and they need to take the front of the engine bay apart to get at that so it makes sense to do both at the same time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our Civic (2018 SR) sensors went off today in the rain, only had the car a month and hadn't had any rain until today! Language from the passenger seat every time it went off was very blue :)

Nice to know this a known problem, will be contacting our dealer tomorrow to see what they have to say.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all,
I have recently gotten honda civic HB 2018 1.0 litre version and i have the same front parking sensors issue. I have read all discussion but there is no definite answer here. Has anyone reached any conclusion or got their problem resolved?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all,
I have recently gotten honda civic HB 2018 1.0 litre version and i have the same front parking sensors issue. I have read all discussion but there is no definite answer here. Has anyone reached any conclusion or got their problem resolved?
I have same problem for 3 years. I spoke with them many times(dealership face to face and honda uk by phone) .... They never called me back.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I talked to nearest honda dealership and they contacted honda directly. Honda sent the new front grill and i got it replaced all for free a few days ago and it seems to have resolved the issue for now. I hope you get it resolved. The dealership also told me that honda has a campaign going on and that is why this replacement is free although the warranty of the car had expired last month.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my car a week and it has the fault. It's going back to the dealership on Monday. I will update more later on. Car has gone back to honda. They will be putting a new grill on the front of the car. This will resolve the issue. Car has been fitted with a new front sensor and the issue has been resolved.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts