Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was just woundering if anyone could help me out? bought 6x9's for my parcel shelf but not sure how to fit them on such a flimsy shelf, i was thinking of reinforcing with wood but would this be ok and how or if anyone has suggestions i would b very grateful. thanx kev.(my daughters car btw lol).

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
for starters i wouldnt make the whole thing out of wood as you risk decapitation of rear seat passengers in the event of a large rear end collision.

using batons of wood to support around the parcel shelf underneath would be okay but would look cheapy. unless you covered it with material.

with my car (an ek shape-1996-2000) the car comes with 6x9 size speakers and will be much easier replacement of those.

security is a big thing with speakers. the rear window isnt laminated like the front and you will find that these cost a lot to replace. if you want them mounted there you might want to put a layer of material on the whole top so that they are hidden underneath. also you want to do the neatest job for this so it doesnt stand out that there are some there.

still we need to know what car..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts