Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm keeping it simple and just changing the standard panel filter for now (may opt for induction kit later on) recommendations please? I heard K&N were spose to be good for them?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they make much difference justout of interest? I know they do nothing for bhp or that but I heard they increase throttle response slightly and can help with mpg?

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Ive just got a k&n panel filter in mine, nice and easy job, i didnt find a noticable difference in performance though, i mainly got it because of the better filtration than the OEM piece of crap that clearly wasnt changed last service.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, thinking of gettin' one as soon as I can. Can anybody recommend a good online shop/dealer for K&N? :) Found some ebay shops, but kept wondering if there are any better? :mrgreen: Because they are a ripoff in my country, so getting one from the UK is cheaper, even with shipping :)

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Are these the filters which are hidden behind the glove box? I took mine out a month or two ago and it was fucking filthy! Dead flies, dust/dirt and hair... Think I'll be getting a new one! haha!

Didn't think they'd have any effect on the engine noise though, I thought it was for the air con?

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
If you say it quick it's almost the same thing! :D

I don't know as much as I'd like to think I do about cars! :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well it may be confusing to some people, because pollen filter elements are by some manufacturers referred to as "panel type" elements, so the pollen panel filter comes out of it.

But yeah, commonly the panel filter of this topic's about is the type of air filter for the engine, the one under the bonnet. :cool:

A little OT: K&N panel filter vs K&N 57i induction kit?! Which one to prefer, the cost issue left aside? Browsed the forums about it, but couldnt get a straight on comparison...anybody have any experience with both? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
nickyboy said:
Depending on the engine, the induction kit is better than the panel filter, as the kit is basically a redesigned cold air feed, that should have access to more cold air, increasing the cumbustion.
yeah...but as I understand, without the added heat shield, heat soak can be an issue? D16V1 engine...

·
Registered
24 Posts
yeah well, have to think it over again :) But what if I removed the original resonator box and added a long hose to the stock airbox with a panel filter in it? Would it be any good I mean... :D The place behind the battery where the original short hose sits is supposed to be the coolest place in the engine compartment....hmmm...?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts