Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint my calipers but dont want standard matt, which seems to be all i can find about...

Untill i found this!

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalcast.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Im goin for red, attacthed pic should be the finished result.

Only trouble is cant buy it here in UK, so am lookin about to order from USA.

If any 1 wants some let me know cause will be ordering in few weeks, and postage will be high so get it now while u can!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
METALCAST™ is a durable enamel finish that is oil, gas and heat resistant to 500º F intermittently.

intermittently? so not all the time. My brakes get to a lot more than that!!

500F = 260C.....

although i would like some for my cam cover :) perfect!

·
Registered
770 Posts
i did mine with halfords heat resistant spray paint (OMFG what a mistake that was) and then re did them in the ressin stuff they sell, and its a good high gloss red finish.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
interman if u just want matt finish hammerite as as good as any!

Im stil goin ahead with this metalcast stuff! il let you kno how it goes :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bah cant get them shipped from america as they wont let aresoles on the planes! just gona have to try sum thing else.

clinchy wats wrong with the halfords high heat resistant paint? i see they do metallic red in a spray can.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Duplicol ... ccessories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they seem to be willing to post worldwide

-- 25 Nov 2008, 23:12 --

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... 3q09oIUwwF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that halfords paint says it can withstand temps up2 500c apparantly, mite get sum this w.e n give it a blast, my red

matt callipers are a bit boring tbh

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nah says in there small print can only be shipped by ground order to the lower 48 states. read up it says that halfords stuff is naf.

Im gona do sum experimenting! i picked up a can of red hammerite just to get a heat seal base coat, now ive got a bag of red metal flake gona go over the top with this and see how it comes out!

Its only calipers so who cares if it comes straight off lol!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
will the VHT laquer ontop pretty much just give it a good seal and stop it from running??

iv metallic red paint from halfords i was gonna use on my rocker cover! if i got another can of this and sprayed the calipers

then just sealed it with a VHT laquer it should do the job??

gonna be a bit of a bastard tho as this red paint is to just go ontop of metal with no primer or anything and

my calipers are already matt red :redface:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
yea dont think it will be a problem on the rocket cover, just worry about the callipers as they heat up so much more

ill have a look about anyways ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts