Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you set the page layout so avatars etc are on the left rather than the right..??

have looked in display settings but couldn't see it.

also the screen size is a bit too large, some of the page is out of shot...why is that?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
As for the screen size being to large, that is either because you have a tiny monitor, or because you resolution is too high.

right click on your desktop, click on either appearance or settings, and scroll the pixel size thing to the top.. cant fully remember havnt used windows for years.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
can you set the page layout so avatars etc are on the left rather than the right..??
I can, however research shows that it is better placed on the right. Peoples eyes read from the left to the right, so we want the actual content of the post to be seen first, and the avatars etc are an additonal thing, not as important as the post content.

have looked in display settings but couldn't see it.
You wont, it isn't on there. It is a possibility though.

also the screen size is a bit too large, some of the page is out of shot...why is that?
Interesting. Could you send me via PM a screenshot if you know how? If not, PM me and I'll teach you :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
15" I think.

Have a left/right toggle bar as well as the normal up/down

on the pages 1,2,3 tab at bottom right of the page, only 1 is in view, have to toggle right to see the others.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I can make the site a "fluid" width like you suggest, however this makes things look messy for those of us who have large screens.

It is however important that we support 15" screens. This is an issue I'll be resolving shortly.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
alec, i dont thing its to do with her screen mate, especially now that EGSean has saidits fine on his 12 inch laptop, I think its her resolution to be honest.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
No, her screen is fine, the site is too wide. EGSean must have a very high resolution on this laptop, I have PMd him for a screenshot.

Here is a screenshot of a standard 15" screen, this issue will be fixed soon.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts