Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

just thought i would put a post up about what happend to my car and what i did so people can find it easily in future and hope fully help them

The car went into limp mode when driving over 2000rpm and the engine management light came on

Put the fault reader in and this came up

After taking it to the garage i found out that it stands for

Boost control positive deviation
Boost control negative deviation

Basicly the EGR valve was clogged up with crap and needed some Wynns EGR3 (diesel version) to clean out the carbon build up

I have taken a picture to show where the EGR valve is and where we sprayed into

When spraying into the pipe make sure you only do quick burst and every 1 - 2 seconds or after the engine has settled otherwise it is not good for your engine oh and there is no need to to rev it

hope this will help people in the future :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi guys

just thought i would put a post up about what happend to my car and what i did so people can find it easily in future and hope fully help them

The car went into limp mode when driving over 2000rpm and the engine management light came on

Put the fault reader in and this came up

After taking it to the garage i found out that it stands for

Boost control positive deviation
Boost control negative deviation

Basicly the EGR valve was clogged up with crap and needed some Wynns EGR3 (diesel version) to clean out the carbon build up

I have taken a picture to show where the EGR valve is and where we sprayed into

When spraying into the pipe make sure you only do quick burst and every 1 - 2 seconds or after the engine has settled otherwise it is not good for your engine oh and there is no need to to rev it

hope this will help people in the future :D

Hi for how many minutes did you keep spraying?
Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
"When spraying into the pipe make sure you only do quick burst and every 1 - 2 seconds or after the engine has settled otherwise it is not good for your engine oh and there is no need to to rev it"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I'm a complete novice with the same code, and loss of power/loss of turbo/limited rev issue. I bought a can of Wynn's Diesel EGR cleaner from local Halfords. I didn't spray into the point showing on the drawing above, I followed the instructions on the can. I disconnected the intake pipe from the Mass Air Flow sensor/air filter box and sprayed in there. Instructions on can are to get car fully up to temperature. Disconnect the air filter from the intake, and spray into the intake in a burst of less than 1 second, and wait for the revs to settle afterwards. Repeat this until the can is depleted. then let car continue to idle for 5 minutes, and after 5 minutes has elapsed re-connect the Mass Air flow sensor/air filter box back to the air intake pipe. Then take the car for a 5-10Km (~3 - 6 miles), making sure to keep the revs below 3k.

I've yet to see if this has resolved my issue, but I'll report back later next week. See pictures below;

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im not sure if its good idea to mix fuel, air and cleaner in combustion chamber, nobody knows how its affect (that mix with soot) the pistons, piston rings and oil shield on cylinder. Best option is disasembly and clean EGR outside the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im not sure if its good idea to mix fuel, air and cleaner in combustion chamber, nobody knows how its affect (that mix with soot) the pistons, piston rings and oil shield on cylinder. Best option is disasembly and clean EGR outside the car.
Actually, the engine knock it caused, even when dosing in short bursts as prescribed, was a little disconcerting! Can does warn you that might happen. I'd never heard engine knock before...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Forgot to add, I was still experiencing issues after using EGR Cleaner. During recent visit to mechanic, for other work, mechanic diagnosed issue as sticking turbo wastegate. Whatever work they did, the symptoms have now gone. Appreciate your last comments about removing EGR components and cleaning outwith installed location - folks on my other forum suggested this also, and showed some horrendous looking pictures of the kind of gunk that accumulate!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does this mean the car I have bought has been on fire or has had an electrical malfunction before? This doesn’t look normal to me. Thanks.

I have code p0405 and p1237 and limp mode on this car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts