Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Hoping someone here can please help.

Car:
Civic 1.6 Ls Coupe D16Y7, no mods.

Problem:
Running rich, cant pass the MOT. CO & NOX high.

Done so far:
Cleaned Throttle body & IACV, replaced maniverter cat, replaced Oxygen sensor on maniverter. New plugs, new air filter. Ran Launch but it failed to produce any codes. No CEL light on.

Car runs fine with no misfiring, all mechanics have said it runs and sounds good, only noticeable thing is cylinder 3s plug is a bit black, so must be the rich one.

My thoughts are possibly temp sender unit or injector perhaps?

Its a mystery, please help needs to be retested before next week.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
my money would be on the ECU temp sender ,
you have changed everything else by the looks of things but when you have changed it you will need to take the car for a good thrashing to revitalize the cat as you have been running rich and that buggers cats up
the thrash will burn residue of the internals of the cat ( drive it like you stole it :) )

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Ive ordered a new ECT so with any luck thats whats wrong.

Will try "run in" the cat sometime today. How many miles should I do? 6 should do but give it hell.

Just to check for sure, is it the unit next to the thermostat (back left of engine), or towards the front left close to the distributor by the head?

If my injectors gone, Ive heard you can use Rover 216 parts? Guy on Auction site said his will work on 1.6 SOHC Honda.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts