Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 00 (face lift) hatch seems the affordable option to go for, though the older 97-99 1.4i [AC] also seems a contender.

What are peoples experiences with the build quality of the 1.4 sport (00) and the (97-99) 1.4i? Are they generally well built? Meaning no rattles, strong chassis etc.

Are they easily tunable?

My current 306 2.0HDI DTurbo has recently been mapped from 90BHP to 120BHP and that provides quite some kick so would I be able to match this speed with the 1.4 for an affordable price..?

Also are the ECU's OBD2 compliant?

I own a KWP2000+ and if it is compatible I could save myself quite a bomb on remapping it if remaps make much difference to this particular engine.

Lots of questions, now hopefully you guys will give plenty of answers!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
dont rele think there is any difference in the engines tbh

no the 1.4s are probably the least tunable, sorry lol!! apart from the standard intake/exhaust mods theres not really much else you can do, saying that, you can put a d15 or d16 head into your engine, this can bring it upto about 120-130bhp and your engine now has vtec, youd wanna swap the intake mani and throttle body aswell and you have to convert over to the other ecu! everything is internal so apart from the intake manifold and throttle body being switched over and you can see where the vtec solenoid is, it looks like any other standard 1.4 ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Meh, don't wanna go changing engine heads etc really. Well I suppose a 1.4 would have to do until I could afford a meatier model (ie EK9 / Jordan / etc).

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
shivanna said:
Meh, don't wanna go changing engine heads etc really. Well I suppose a 1.4 would have to do until I could afford a meatier model (ie EK9 / Jordan / etc).
yes to be honest you should just keep your money and save for an engine swap or a new car, with the money you could spend on mods for your d14, you will get little gain and you could have put that money towards a more powerful car,
im wanting a b16 or b18 turbo build end of next year but if the mini-me parts pop up for cheap anywhere ill certainly do that to keep me occupied lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts