Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got a phonecall earlier today from one of my buddys saying him and my other mate had just been in a crash can I go up. So I go looking for em ("somewhere in the lanes" were his exact words!!) I go over a hill and there at the bottom is this...

What happend was as he came over a crest in the lanes someone had stopped at the top of the hill on the over side to let a car up, unbekown to my mate who was travelling at 35/40mph, as the car came into view it was too late. He crashed into the back of an Almera and did that to his front end. The other guy apparently came out f'ing and blinding that my mate was speeding and it was all his fault for being a young trouble maker and blah blah blah. He also claimed that he'd stopped half way down the hill which would have give my mate plenty of time to stop, however you can see where impact was made because of all the broken glass and a huge puddle of water where my mates rad had blown. The cops didn't even bother checking that and just took the old guys word as gospel and blamed my mate!! But not only to this guy stop at what he knew was a blind hill top but it was to let a car come up...on a two way road!!!

Needless to say my mate is absolutely gutted!! It was a 2.3 Prelude, he'd had it for all of 4 months and only had it insured TPF&T, being only 19 it was all he could afford.

·
Registered
780 Posts
fuck!! that shit, thats the touble with being so young, we get the bum end of the deal!!

atleast he'll be able to make some money back on the parts as they will be easy to sell!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
yer that is waht sucks about driving, when ever you go into the back of someone its un written that its your fault but in this case its obviously not and you aint got witness so its your mates word against other guys. add the factor that he is younger and the crap justice system goes against your mate.
RIP to that nice prelude, im sure he can find a decent shell somewhere and carry out a transplant!! and gain a few horses and nice spec on the way :p

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's hard luck for your mate, but regardless of how fast/slow he was going he was still going too fast to avoid crashing into the back of something which he couldn't see over the crest of the hill so it's still his fault; that's how the law will look at it anyway.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
thats shit luck but as said already he ran into the back of another car end of , even if your in a row of cars and someone shunts you into the back of someone else its still your fault sucks really as its not always clear cut , the guy should not have been stopped after a blind hill ,but your mate should not have crashed into him either ,bad job either way :-

·
Registered
142 Posts
stug45 said:
under 60 in a 60 limit?
60's the speed-limit not the speed you should be travelling at.

I ran up someone's back at about 10mph in a 30 zone, it was still my fault as I was too close to stop regardless of any other circumstances

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very true mate. I'm still waiting to hear from him as regards whats happening. I didn't get a pic of the other guys car as he was moaning about me taking it. However I popped around the corner this morning and what should I find...

Crap quality I know but it gives you an idea

1 - 20 of 21 Posts