Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alreet chaps! just found this site on csc seems slightly more to my likings, im 19, got a EG lsi in silver 40k miles (just),

current mods are:

tein superstreet coilovers (with tein pillowball mounts...they are worth there weight in gold!!)
HKS hybrid panel filter (also very good)
spoon N1 backbox
buddyclub p2 wheels in bronze 15" with red tuner lugs
buddyclub racing spec seats in black complete with buddyclub seat rails
j's racing 3D GT wing
spoon lower front and rear braces (removed front coz i bent it when going to shag the mrs down a country road lol)
j's racing front and rear upper braces (amaizingly light concidering how much aluminium there is on em)
ESI manifold that i ported myself gives good low down torque
just got my B&M racing shifter, and im waiting on a spoon titanium gearknob and poly eurathane shiftermount bush

pics of ma car:
http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbum.jsp?Memb ... 7098862691" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sorry for the link, i dont know how to upload pics

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Hey man, great looking car you have there, welcome to HCF :)

Looks like you've added some cool mods. Where abouts in the UK are you?

Uploading attachments is easy. Just edit your post then click the "Upload attachment" tab at the bottom. Here is an example:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Hey mate! Welcome!! nice to have another EG shape on here!! Even if its not a coupe 3:) lol.

Those seats are awesome!!
sorry to say.. boot spoiler = fail. lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol the poilers marmite but i bought it specifically for its benefits it really does stick the car to the floor, as for the seats they were 900 inc delivery, is there not that many EG's on ere then?

·
Registered
780 Posts
hey hey welcome.

again liking the car and the seats but not a spolier fan, i used to have a similar one on my car and run a test to find out it zapped 7mpg with the spoiler on!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I think there is only one other EG member on here besides you and thats EGSean one of the mods.
I know of a good few who are signing up though.

I havnt actually got an EG, its an Ej2 :)

You should get some projectors.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm iv concidered the projectors it would go more with the spoiler but i like the jdm...ish look if i find some subtle lights like just tinted ones that would be spot on, nothing too out there yano

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
ah i see, i dont really feel the whole jdm thing hehe. I just like what i like and thats how i roll.. you can however get fully tinted projectors that you can barely see inside and one the right car (which i think yours would be) they look sweet!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/92-95-Honda-Civic ... dZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahh your a man slightly after my own heart then bud, thing with csc is you get bent over bakwards and raped if your not totally jdm its stupid, them lights arent half bad though!! il be looking for a b16 swap next though as ma engineis leaking oil out of the main pulley :( and im skiint! probs from the spoiler and seats but oh well!lol worth it!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
hehe, alot of the boys on here have done swaps so will fill you with knowledge (whether you like it or not lol)

apparently its alot easier and cheaper to do a b18 swap so im told..

or even just do a d15z6 swap..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the reason i wouldnt go for the b18 swap is the stroke...have you ever seen the vid of the spoon ek9 revving to 12krpm? its mental, i spoke to the spoon europe guys (just down the road from me) and they said you couldnt get a b18 2 rev that high and make power because the stroke is too long i wouldnt mind doin a d16 turbo though i hear they make exceptional torque

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
well im not really the man to talk to about engines.. i can do electrics and after that im stumped..

crxhugh and edd and alec know a fair bit though and im sure when they see this thread they will help ya out with info :)

all i can say its buy those lights and stick some HIDs in them :)

£250 very very well spent.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
D16 Turbo would be great but considering how simple turbos actually are, they are surprisingly difficult to set up correctly (So I've read).

So many people here want an engine swap, we should do a sort of week long "engine swap meet" and rent out a couple garages or something :p

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Liking the car bud but the rear spoiler does look a bit ricey, not really to my taste.

If money isnt really a problem the best thing you can go for is a B18c (what im currently looking for) out of a JDM ITR, they are 200bhp and rev to about 9k. Strip your car and wack that in and you will be 0-60 in the low 5's. However these are excedingly expensive :(

A b16b would also be a good shout they are very nippy for a 1.6 and they do turbo well, i have heard of some people pulling some crazy numbers out of the b16c's which are the ones out of the EK9's you can get a good 400whp out of these without spending silly amounts.

welcome to the site btw :)

EFA

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
You know, since the weekend I'm with you on the stripping thing. Keep it only to track cars. I removed the parcel shelf last weekend and it was so loud bombing it down the motorway at 110mph I couldn't here my music, and I've spent so much on speakers :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ive only got some focal 6.5components and a small 250w sony amp on em andi cannie hear a thing and thats with all the interior and 300quids worth of dynamat!lol must be the lowprofiles

1 - 20 of 24 Posts