Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jsut out of interest what oil does everybody use, as im not sure wat to use i have bin using 0-40 fully synth mobil 1 bnut im not sure if its the best oil for my honda civic ek9 type r????

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i ahve used a few the engine didnt like the magnatexc stuff idled high but the mobil1 has bin good so far think im going to stick with it. jsut wundered if there was out beter recomended.cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah cool i love em i had an sir before this one an eg shape, im ok for oil cheers i can get it cheap through work thanks.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
im using mobil stuff. how there is a great difference between other branded oils i dont know! a fully synthetic oil from a different well-known brand cant really be that different!

as long as its rated by people (ie my car hasnt blown with 5w40 fully by mobil-neither with 5w30 part syn) i'm sure theres no problem!!

get fully synthetic branded oil and change it regularly!

i do 6k changes, filter and oil.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
stug45 said:
im using mobil stuff. how there is a great difference between other branded oils i dont know! a fully synthetic oil from a different well-known brand cant really be that different!

as long as its rated by people (ie my car hasnt blown with 5w40 fully by mobil-neither with 5w30 part syn) i'm sure theres no problem!!

get fully synthetic branded oil and change it regularly!

i do 6k changes, filter and oil.
There are huge differences in oils even thou there all fully synthetic ,
its like saying all fuels of the same octane rating are the same
there are different additives etc in all
the silkolene pro s for intance if you run it and throw it away in most engines before 10k you are throwing good oil away , that statement is from a very well known oil supplier who is selling the oil so effectively he is cutting his sales by saying it but it is true.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well ive done oil n filter change every 3k im going to give tht silkolene pro ago next month when it will be due a change and all let u kno wat i make of it, i use the shell vpower fuel aswell - it smells great lol

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Christ I used to run my Ek3 on 10w40 that we used to use in the tractors, came out of a 50 gallon drum ;)

I bought some cheapy 10w40 for the CRX as well. £35 for 20 litres, bargin!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts