Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a "Auto Gauge Performance Merers No.1" Oil Pressure gauge which i really want to put in because when i reach vtec the oil psi should go up and look quite "Cool" lool...

So i have 3 questions: First one being... The Oil Pressure did NOT come with them T Spliters and obviously i want the oil light on the cluster to work soo where can i purchase 1 of these ?????? i think there called "Remote Oil Pressure Tee Kit" i would rather buy it from a store than online soo i can see the size of the thread

number 2: the oil pressure sender has two sizes 1/8" NPT and a 1/4" NPT adaptor, will these fit my car (B16) or would i need a different size ???

number 3: im not confident to install this usually i would be but when i asked a friend he said i would need to be able to get under the car to fit it on... so how much do you recon someone could fit it on for ?

thanks in advance

Edit:

Done my research its a 1/8" fitting.... but iv also heard that sometimes these oil pressure senders on the T splitter with the old oil pressure canactually make it fall off as your driving thus making you loose all your oil and damaging your engine and to use a "strain relief" to avoid this situation... True or False ?

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
hi
i would have thought a good quality t piece would have been fine ,the only problem i could see you will have is the sender unit for the gauge is quite a lump too be hanging on the t piece if its a worry,
you could always mount it on a remote oil pipe off the t piece and mount the sender on its own but thats more work .

something like this is what i had in mind if your worried.[attachment=0:2wgg994n]8c4e_1.JPG[/attachment:2wgg994n]

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yee thats what i want where did you get it from ????

the oil pressure unit is quite big and heavy so ye im a little worried that it will fall off at like 70 mph

1 - 7 of 7 Posts