Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - can anyone recommend an alternative place to get the above from for a 52' plate 7th gen. Civic - it's the petrol 1.6 Sport Automatic. I'm located in Leeds and my local Honda dealer quoted 12.95 + vat per litre of oil, 13.51 + vat for the air filter and 21.48 + vat for the oil filter. Either somewhere in Leeds / Wakefield or an online supplier of genuine Honda parts cheaper than a Honda dealership would be much appreciated.

Also the dealer said they no longer sell 5ltr bottles of oil, just 1ltr and it's Mobil? Is it best to put fully synthetic in these and what grade would anyone recommend - 5-30w?

Thanks - J.

Edit:

Got oil / air filter for 17 quid in the end.

What engine oil is recommended please?

Edit:

5w-30 or 5w-40 semi-synth will do I guess.

·
Registered
31 Posts
5 30 semi- synth was recommended. But now Honda say 5 30 fully synth is recommended + your car will go that little bit faster as it's thinner. I personally will always use semi as I think thicker is better then thin. 5.2 liters is needed for full oil change.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did a full oil flush filter etc and refilled with 5 liters. Still was not enough. Phoned Honda in Lancashire and they said it takes 5.2 which was spot on when I added a little more. This is for my 2003 HCTR 2litre, not the 1.6 litre model. Sorry.

Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
i use silkolene pro S, 5 40w, fully sinth on my CTR mate from opie oils, theyre service is spot on and prices they seem to have some sort of deal on each month.
it was recomended to me and never looked back its brill.
opieoils.co.uk or look in advice bit on forum the oilman offers advice and guidance on oils for nay car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts