Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, need some advice. Been offered a white 2002 euro r for 10k

Wanna know if you guys think it's worth it. Here's a list of what's been done to it.

Mugen polyurethane front lip
Mugen sideskirts
Mugen rear extension
Mugen rear spoiler
Bbs replica wheels 18” front and 19” rear with toyo t1r tyres
New stoptech front brake discs
Decat pipe
Carbon fibre cold airintake
spoon shocks and lowering springs (yes Chris.....spoon!!)
Genuine Honda wind deflectors
New passenger driveshaft(genuineHonda650 euro )
Ipod lead for standard radio
135,000 kms
Always serviced and looked after
The car uses no oil ever and the gears and clutch are perfect

Thoughts people??? :D

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Go have a look at it, do the checks that you would do with any car and try not to be awed by the fact its the car that you want with a few goodies.

The value you think its worth will be down to you; from what you've been saying, these are extremely rare, so the market will be skewed (i.e. it will be valued at higher than what it should be because its considered rare)

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
Rarity does inflate prices a great deal at times.

It looks nice mate, the mugen kits adds a fair bit of value, not cheap those parts. There are bonus's to getting premodded cars as you aren't paying full price for all the bits.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah you're absolutely right, a 2005 type s can be picked up for half the price of a 2002/2003 euro r, that's more down to rarity than anything else.

It's pride making me want a newer reg, but that's just stupid, it shouldn't be a question of age, but a question of condition.

Something's only worth what people are prepared to pay for it, and to me, not to everybody, it's worth it.

Carl you're spot on mate, the two brothers that own the company own that blue and white one, so I would imagine it's been well cared for, garaged and probably only driven at weekends.

Sean, generally I'd prefer there weren't any mods, but in this case they happen to be, more or less, the mods I would have done. Although I will be getting the wheels refurbed in black.
Might arrange to go see it.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mathewp80 said:
man that is beautiful :thumbup:
if it was me, i would at least go see it in person... you will probs fall in love with it :) ...much like i have from looking at the pics :shifty:
I gotta admit Mathew I do love how it looks!! Keep staring at it, but I really shouldn't get my hopes up!

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mathewp80 said:
yes very true.
it must be so hard for you man, i know if it was me i would be bouncing off the walls with excitement lol
Oh believe me I am, I keep waiting for one, then when it comes along I convince myself that if I buy it a better one will come on the market straight after. But that's just stupid. This is the best one I've seen so far (on paper) so I think if it's as good in the flesh I should just go for it!!

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mathewp80 said:
defo agree with carl here :D
this is just gorgeous, i really hope it works out for you bro :thumbup:
Thanks man, me too, I think it's stunning!! If it was a little cheaper it would be a no brainer. I could get a lot of other, arguably better, cars for the money. But I just love these, like, I'm obsessed with them!! lol

He wasn't even gonna sell, I just happened to email his company to see if they were importing any and he said they weren't but he'd been considering selling his, said he has to get 10k for it. So, all being well I can arrange a viewing very soon, it's 250miles away :mad:

Thing about it being already close to my ideal, I don't know what mods I would do to it lol

1 - 20 of 120 Posts