Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I have a civic MB6 (B18C4) on a 1997 i can't seem to start it i mean the engine turns but doesn't start. I know when i normally turn the ignition on the engine management light turns off but its staying on. I've checked for spark and theres no spark at all, checked all fuses but can't seem to find any that have blown. I got someone to check fuel but theres nothing there at first we thought it was immobilizer as it could course the ECU and everything else to cut off but i don't know. we even tried the P30 ECU as the connectors were different and cut both ends to make it fit but no luck. I've even tried doig a test with a pin to check the engine management code light to flash but nothing happening. All earth wiring checked and battery, can't be the dizzy could it?? I can't think of anything else if anyone could help please??

·
Registered
32 Posts
iky83 said:
ok where do i find this fuel switch and what colour is it??
it like a soft button black, under passager seat, under passager footwell in the left hand corna, boot,
mind you my sister had a fiat bravo but all things that happend u happend to her.

·
Registered
32 Posts
mate fuel cut off switch is located behind the glove box open glove box. on the center console right hand side
do you have the civic Manual? on page 113 iv just had a look mate good look let us know if any joy

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes its manual (B18C4, 5 door hatchback 1.8vti on a 97) i'll have a look in the morning and will let you know later in the evening

thanks for that anyway

Edit:

oops thought you meant manual as in gear box lol

yes i have the manual at home

Edit:

I've opened the glove box on passenger side and couldn't locate this switch button, only found a few connectors. I'm going to have to have a look at the manual. My car is totally stripped out from inside in a mess basically :(

Edit:

All sorted mate thanks for that :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes it was the fuel cut off switch mine was behind the cigerette lighter. Its just opposite the foot rest, like a connector with a rubber switch on top.

thanks again pal ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts