Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mums mk4 cab golf recently chewed up its last starter motot which was still under its guarantee, they replaced it with this one that looks very different compared to the old one.

[attachment=3:1rzim25i]DSC00156.JPG[/attachment:1rzim25i]

I have tried to fit it but it will not slot in!

I have looked in the flywheel and gooten rid of the old brass ring used to hold the old starter which has allowed the new one to move further in but still not a good fit.

before with ring

[attachment=2:1rzim25i]DSC00142.JPG[/attachment:1rzim25i]

After without ring

[attachment=1:1rzim25i]DSC00155.JPG[/attachment:1rzim25i]

This is the car in question

[attachment=0:1rzim25i]DSC00157.JPG[/attachment:1rzim25i]

I have double checked with masterparts that this is the correct part and they assured me it was (but what else are they gona say :confused: )

Any help welcomed and once again soz about it not being a Honda
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
as i work at a motor factors and know these sorts of situations, what has probaly happened is that the part in question is boxed wrong. i would take it back and say its different to the other and willl not fit. they should be happy to order another in to make sure it is right, hope this help

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
super_sonic_blue said:
as i work at a motor factors and know these sorts of situations, what has probaly happened is that the part in question is boxed wrong. i would take it back and say its different to the other and willl not fit. they should be happy to order another in to make sure it is right, hope this help
Ye your right Ive taken it back and recieved another today... not tried fitting it yet

Cheers mate

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
paul20v said:
hi
make sure you change the bush in the gearbox bell housing if you have not already mate.

ps. soak it in hot oil then let the oil cool down with it in overnight.

Is it that brass spiggot Ring

Thanks for the advise paul :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could I pick one or two of these up from any car spare shop or should I go straight to vw?

once again thanks for the mint advice

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do cheers mate :D This 1s a trouble car too but if I could afford to insure one I would still get one...nota drivers car but great to pose around in :cool: lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts