Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i was hoping someone could help with my 98 civic, its a 1.6 non-vtec motor and for some reason it wont rev behond idle. It's recently had a new engine fitted and ever since it hasnt rev'd behond 800rpm. I've checked the timing and it seems ok and compression is within the guidelines. When the thottle is fully wide open all that changes is the engine tone, and you can hear the valves popping as if air may be traveling back up the inlet manifold. Does anyboby have any ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there an easy way i can eliminate the cam timing? is starts first time every time, sounds ok and has compression across all four cylinders

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't changed the fuel filter, but I have a adjustable fuel pressure regulator. On removel of the airbox this afternoon, I've also noticed that just below the thottle body the inlet manifold is soaked in fuel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check all the piping for air leaks, especially between the air filter and inlet manifold.

Also have a look at the engine management sensors like the O2 sensor and air flow meter (or similar if there isn't one etc) to make sure they are all fitted, wired in and functioning properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts