Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was in the car last night on my way home come to a junction and lost the power steering battery light also come on. pop the hood and seen that the alternator was stopping and spinning very slowly. Also the pulley was not spinning check the belts to see if the were lose but they are tight. it has really small bits of metal on the cam gear. pulled the cover off but cant see anything. it was making a noise from near the timing belt last night started the car today and the noise wont they.

can someone please shed some light on this to what it could be.

thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think its the crank pulley keyway going to remove the crank pulley today. i can turn the crank pulley with my hand when the car is off.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have tried to open the crank pulley bolt but not having any luck opening it. i have the pulley tool. the pulley does not spin when i try to open the bolt. also have put a pry bar in the flywheel still no luck and busted 1 socket already. i checked to see if the crank pulley wobbles when i move and it does so something is broken damaged

any suggestions please as how i can get this removed

thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Have you tried putting the car into 4th, chock the fron wheels and have someone press the foot brake while you use an extension bar on the crank bolt?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the pulley off today. the crank is ok but the pulley needs replacing also the keyway was missing. the lip on the pulley where the keyway go's was shredded

thanks for all the input peeps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts