Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a few weeks back I pulled the Civic apart and decided I would spend my Xmas changing the colour to something a bit more exciting. White was nice but all the Honda's in the Nippon were white with back bonnets so I wanted to break away from the trend.

After some quick prep and masking, the Civic was ready yesterday morning for a quick lick of paint........................

!"]

And today is was put back together in super quick time. The wheels are going black tomorrow and there are still a few little jobs to be done, but its pretty much there and I love it. Also the camera doesnt really show the true colour or how bright it is, but you will get the idea :cool:

Hope you like :shock:

Cheers for reading :wink

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
looks fantastic mate.. i'd paint the wheels white myself!! or black but keep and orange lip.
Looks really good though.. was nice to see the car in the flesh at japfest! :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I preferred it in white ;) It still looks good like that mind. I'm still going to have to come down and have a look sometime!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem was every other Honda in the Nippon series was white with a black bonnet so you couldnt tell me from the other 39 cars.........now I should be easier to spot and that was the only goal, looking like a show car isnt my aim and never will be :D

More than welcome to pop down mate as said before ;)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Thats a good point I doubt you will be hard to spot now! I doubt the CRX is going to look like much of a showcar once its been thrown round the track by me a few times (or even before for that matter!) built to go not built to show :mrgreen:

Is the car road legal? Also do you do any track days at all? might see you down at combe next season if you do ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep the car is all road legal and will be about in a few weeks once the new gearbox is in. Not sure on what the plans are for 2009 as we have booked track time at Japfest, but just realised it clashes with the Pembrey round of the Nippon :mad:

Only ever done 1 trackday which was at combe, the next day i decided I wanted to swap from rallying to racing so changed the car a bit and then entered the nippon. Might do a few days next year if I decide not to do a full season.......watch this space ;)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
What day do you have for Japfest? I might be interested in buying the slots off you if you aren't going to use them :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sat 16th May.....best bet is to go over onto http://www.Hondaevs.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and post in the "events" section. Theres plenty of space and by far the best group to go out on track with, although it wont suit you if you drive like a tool and dont follow track rules lol This may sound boring, but it means first timers get a gentle push into the track scene without someone ramming them off the track. That said, its still a proper flat out track session, just with a bit of common sense thrown in if you know what I mean! The general public track sessions always end up with a big accident due to over inflated ego's and the like :evil:

Chuck your name down on the list and then keep an eye on it for when the money has to be in.....job done :cool:

Edit:

Bad light and a crappy camera make for crap pics, but will hopefully get some better ones on the weekend with the black wheels if the weather is good :-x

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Car looks really good mate, love the car colour and the new black wheels

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i think i may have to hand you some money and get mine sprayed....actually annoyed at how the paint is faded and overspray in places from previous owners problems...........

1 - 20 of 59 Posts