Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How knackered am I :D

Great day out today and couldnt of asked for a better days racing and the weather was superb.

First off, gutted for Dixon Cheng in his ITR as he ended up having to find and fit a plumbed in extinguisher system 20 mins before qualifying which he managed to do, but then hit major porblems 2 laps in with engine failure >:eek:

Well done to Rodger Sibley in the CRX for a great bit of driving and keeping the Hondas on the podium so to speak. Roll on next Month at Mallory park 8-|

As for me, and as a complete novice I was over the moon to qualify 4th out of 40 cars behind 2 monster RX7's and Scooby with a turbo MR2 qualifying 5th. Had to give a quick geeky TV interview after qualifying and then had Motors TV fit an in-car camera ready for the 2 races (hopefully they will edit the signing >:-(

Off the start in Race one, the MR2 surged ahead which wasnt helped by my 2nd to 5th gear change, then followed by an 80mph+ tank slapper which I recovered in spectacular fashion, although i'm not sure how :oops: . The 3 monster cars dissapeared leaving me and the MR2 tussling wth me ending up 5th overall and 1st quickest Honda and 1st N/A (although there was no trophy for that >:-( :D

2nd race was pretty much the same but without the crappy gear change and 4 wheel drifting and finished the same as Race 2. Quickest time of the day was a 1:12.01 which doesnt mean much to be but it sounds ok

The classing structure at present is wide open to attract as many cars as they can for next year, so you could argue that my win might of been a hollow one, especially with the lack of Honda entrants for this particular race, but I paid the money and drove as hard as I could so I dont care, i'll take the points and run 8-|

Managed to bag 4 trophies and lapped a production class Nissan 350Z aswelll so all in all a good day out

Once again I have to say a huge thanks to Richy (and Deb :D ) from Performance Autoworks for being there to keep an eye on me and the car, and for the new t-shirts aswell. Couldnt of done this without their help.......great stuff ;)

Thanks for reading and i'm off to bed before I collapse :wink:

EDIT........had the car weighed while I was there and without me it came in at 958kg :cool:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
dude thats awesome! so cool that you in there amongst such high profile and high powered cars!!

The front rx-7 is sooooo nice!! Whats with all the mx-5s? I guess its cos they are so light..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers mate

The MX5's left their previous Mazda championship and branched out into their own race in the Nippon challenge, but due to the huge numbers they will be given their own sperate races from June onwards and then have their own seperate series in 2009 giving the Nippon series and wider variety of entrants. I just dont think the organiser realised how many MX5's would register :D 8-|

All 4 cars that finished infront of me were turbo-charged and had between 220-400bhp so not bad for a little 1600cc ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts