Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all newbie here from paignton devon just got an old 1995 civic 1.6 auto 5 dr hatch after writing off my last car! £500 full history bog standard tatty bonnet but drives luvvly :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
yeh welcome. any write off picts?? we are hungry for civics and general car destruction here :D:D (as long as no one was hurt :p)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hiand thanks to all of you . Paignton is dull as dishwater to "Live" but i get what people say bout the area. will post some piccies up later today of the Civic my last car was punto hgt stuffed it up the ass of a Astra with a bloody towbar!!! attached .god i loved that car, but as i work for Honda thought it was time to change. me Civic got 113k on clock full documented s/h, very minor bodywork issue ie rear arches starting to go and a dull bonnet (now sorted).luv the auto "getting on a bit" now lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heys guys can you tellme how to post piccies on the forum cause i must be having a "blonde" moment!! cant seem to suss it o_O

·
Registered
12 Posts
On the post reply page, the tab next to options says Upload Attachment, hit that and then just link to where the pictures are on your hard drive. Looking forward to photos.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers mate here some of me old motor wiped out the rad a/c condensor slampanael crossmember bent the chassis leg main thing no one hurt!

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
so you havea 1.6 ls. do you have eco VTEC, you will know by a green eco light on your clocks??? looks nice a clean.

i have bad paint fade too did you just polish it out with an orbital and compound??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi no green light . she is pretty clean yepme and the valeter didwhat you said yesterday at work(quiet day lol).bonnet come up nice gota bodged repair on front and the n/side rear arch is the worst bit . previous owner spent bout 2kin the last year on brakes suspension etc like new underneath well pleased bit diff from my hgt suprised how well she goes

·
Registered
370 Posts
i found the same when i started polishing. i need to spend a good couple of days getting mine to look brand new again :D. yeh even with the miles she has done it doesn't change a thing :D what do you do at HONDA??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yep bloody hard work mate!!. i am a Aftersales Advisor mostly on the parts side(not that we retail mutch that is done at the other site) and i do service as well looking after all the old retirees down in Devon and there Jazzs.good comp to work for Speedwell Honda and i found Honda uk very good to :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts