Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey party people.
I am new to this forum, i have just found it on google, the reason i was searching is because i have just recently passed my driving test, im 19 years old and i am looking for a 95-96 civic, but the trouble im having is choosing between a coupe or a hatchback? i have looked on insurance prices and there isn't to much difference, jus wondering weather it would be worth paying the extra cash for the coupe? any advice would be very much appreciated

Thanks
Danny

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers mate,
Had a quote from a company called quinn direct for around £1500 for the hatchback and its around £1700 for the coupe, just not sure if its worth the extra or not? plus with the body kits etc trying to work out what will look better so jus been bowsing around alot. Harder work than you think when you can't decide ;)

Edit:

Alec said:
What would be the benefit for the extra weight? I'd go for the hatch.

Welcome to Honda Civic Forum.
Not to sure what would be the benefit of the extra weight really but when i've been looking around i do prefer the look of the coupe, plus from where im from theres no coupe's going around, but a couple of hatchbacks, so would be nice to be different?? not to sure :confused:

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Desperate Dan said:
Cheers mate,
Had a quote from a company called quinn direct for around £1500 for the hatchback and its around £1700 for the coupe, just not sure if its worth the extra or not?
I'll say again:
Alec said:
What would be the benefit for the extra weight? I'd go for the hatch.
It's up to you in the end mate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ye thanks for the help, will probably end up with the hatch like, let the good times roll when i get it though :p well excited

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Absolutely :)

You're a bit late with passing your test at 19! A hatch has less weight to pull around also, so better handling and better mileage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know tell me about being late, been doing silly a-levels and couldn't really afford to do both, if i knew that at the start i would of chosen driving over education :p lol

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Be careful then :p

Took me a few crashes to really understand how to drive fast (if that's what you're after). You learn from everything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No worries, had few near one's with my mate before and that was in his 1200 fiesta so won't be going to mad untill i know the car properly as wierd as that sounds but i reckon you gotta treat a car like a person

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Welcome to the forum :) as Alec says it takes a few times of losing control and crashing before you can begin to drive properly lol I have found that after crashing my Civic I can drive a lot more 'progressivly' and get places faster safer than I could before.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Welcome, BUY A COUPE!!! lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts