Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive had a few honda civics.
ive had 2 4th generation civics which i no longer have
but now im driving a 3g which has some major plans ahead for it.
this is it just before i bought it

and since having it for about a 2 months now
it looks like this

Ive put wheels on it, golf gti front lip, square plate, lowered slightly but needs a bit more, powerflow exhaust system,
There are some major plans for the engine but waiting on some more money.

i also have this which my girlfriend drives its a 1.3 eg

although its up for sale at the moment, its completly standard apart from the wheels and the bodykit.
We have just bought a completly standard eg dx and ive converted it to twin carbs and its got a few plans but nothing major

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
hey mate, nice to have an old school vibe on the forum! im looking forward to seeing what you do with it! What is that bumper on the front of the EG? Is that the blitz kit?

·
Registered
780 Posts
liking the old skool ED, i used to have one of those, the only Honda GTi ever made, 1.5 12v Single cam, was amazing when i was 17, only bad thing was the rather dodgy looking long black pole in the front, i think it was reffered to as a gearstick, but it was far too big to do that lol :p

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah it doesnt line up properly just never got around to straightening it up, but i woulndt get a kit they are a complete pain in the arse, you have to constantly keep repairing them because they crack too easy, it costs a fortune to get them repaired too

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
ash d-series said:
yeah it doesnt line up properly just never got around to straightening it up, but i woulndt get a kit they are a complete pain in the arse, you have to constantly keep repairing them because they crack too easy, it costs a fortune to get them repaired too
just fibreglass it :p dont pay anyone to do it lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i cant be bothered because id rather spend my time on my car because i dont even like the white one it just came with the kit on and my girlfriend didnt want to take it off. even if it was made of they still break when you have a kit that is so low to the ground and if you have a kit then you cant lower your car. I think you would be better off getting a mugen lip kit

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
ash d-series said:
even if it was made of they still break when you have a kit that is so low to the ground and if you have a kit then you cant lower your car.
thats so wrong.

Nah if i went for a lip kit it would have to be a backyard special. Hate the mugen ones.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
il agree that an abs one would be stronger but they arnt indistructible they still break. The reason i dont like kits is because i live in the lake district and the roads around here are crap, i find the kits very impracticle and it prevents us from lowering the car because its already so close to the floor and i dont think they look good either.
I suppose everybody is entitled to there own opinion though if you like it then thats fine, i was just voicing my opinion

1 - 20 of 25 Posts