Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm about to change my car and have always liked the new Civic. I have a BMW 118d (2years old) that I either hand back or buy. I have to make a decision by end of Sept. I wanted to see if there are any major changes to the civic coming up that I should be aware of before placing an order. Dates for the changes would be helpful.
Any running reports on civics and things to watch for when ordering etc would be gratefully recieved..
I'm looking forward to speak soon with anyone that has a view.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Well i have to say, about 99.9% of people on here dont own the new style civic. (too big and too heavy compared to the older models)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris, didn't realise that. I have also found the Civinfo 2006+ forum that seems only to cover the newer models.
I like the styling of the new car but not the older ones. It's the only reason I would change from BMW to Honda.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Hmm, the new model is nice but mechanicaly, its not as special as the older models. The civic used to be a small sporty vehical, small and nimble, but the new one is too bulcky and not as nimble as the older models. So you going for a Type S or a type R??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably neither, a 2.2CDTI Sport or a 1.8 Sport...not sure on diesel v petrol yet. BMW is diesel and is noisy will need to test the honda Diesel 1st. I need 5 doors...family and bike!
____
Lee

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
My dad has a diesel BMW and i think its really quite quiet, although he has a 530d and prob has a lot more sound proofing in it than a 118d. If you need a 5 door I'd recommend this car

http://www.dicksonsmotorgroup.co.uk/veh ... 749&popup=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the JDM imported civic type R 5 DOOR SALOON!!! These guys are the UK's BIGGEST importers of Honda's. Ive been in one of these and they are SOOOOOO much better than the UK models. The UK models just feel really cheep, but this feels more expensive and more sportyer than the UK type R!!
If you could merge a EVO with a Type R this is what you'd get!!!
This is the basic JDM type R, but there are Mugen specials = more power and more sporty bits, air deffusers, carbon fiber etc etc....

If you can I'd recommend going for a test drive in one of these, plus if you bought one you'd have something as rare as the new GTR!!!

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts