Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just looked through the poasts, found few that apply to me and my ek3 :D i dont want to poast there as they are pretty old and i dont think its worth going trough eatch one :) so here we go :)

Does anyone know where to get the plastic surroundings for the key?? my key has the emobilizer chip in it, and sadly there is no plastic surrounding on the key.

when i start the car, it idles at 1500 rmp, just wondering where is the idle control screw, oh and can someone confirm this : " when pressing the brake peddal, the revs drop, this is due to a leakage in the brake system" true/false ?

more q's will come :) just dont want to be irritating :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
You will need to go to a Honda dealer to sort the key out, You can adjust the idle adjust screw but there is procedeures you need to follow, what engine you got?
Sounds like you got a vacuum leak on your brakes, can be difficult to find because of engine noise, your best best is to check the condition of the vacuum pipes, look for any which are rotted and replace.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
does your car always idle at 1.5k or only when its first started, because thats normal lol, your engines just warming up!!

secondly you will needa get your fob sorted by honda, i dropped my keys the other day and the fob snapped off so probably gonna have to get a new one myself

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers guys ,,yeah it idles at 1500 at the start ant i hit the brake peddal the revs drop to 1350 and stay there,,do the same drop by a small amount,,,i thought it is something to do with the vacuum. and yeah the keys,,damn too mutch money :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
mugen said:
cheers guys ,,yeah it idles at 1500 at the start ant i hit the brake peddal the revs drop to 1350 and stay there,,do the same drop by a small amount,,,i thought it is something to do with the vacuum. and yeah the keys,,damn too mutch money :D
You need decent keys man!
What does your engine idle at when warmed up?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when warmed up just under 800,,which is alright i suppose,,,yeah the keys i will hawe to sought out, getting some actuators and a good alarm system and keys at same time :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts