Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all and Happy New Year

My wife got a dashcam at xmas and im looking at hardwiring it into the car, we have a 2015 civic hatch.

can anyone recommend which fuse to use for a dash cam at all?

would you recommend running the rear cam wire through the roof or the floor?

Any help would be greatfully recieved!

Thanks

Phil

·
Registered
54 Posts
I need to do this. So please report back on where you ran the cables and where you mounted the camera,

I put my DAB antenna on the rear screen. It works fine. The top plastic trim on the hatch needed to be removed, drilled and then replaced afterwards and that was fairly simple. The cables run through the gaiter and into the C pillar on the driver's (RH) side of the car and I managed to run the single DAB cable through this. From there I I needed to cut a slot in the top plastic trim inside the C pillar behind this to create a channel for the cable, From there it runs down under the seat edge to the floor, along the floor base below the seats and then forward into the centre armrest console. This took me clear of the rear airbag.

There are videos on YouTube about fitting front dashcams and most of them cable run from behind the mirror, along the top of the screen and then down inside the left hand (passenger side) A pillar behind the trim. Extreme care is needed as the cables need to run behind the airbag fittings in the A pillar and these need to be taken out and replaced in the process of doing so. So all the precautions on that need to be followed.

The other option might be to dash mount and drill through that.I have no info on that, so I'd be interested in how you get on. It might motivate me to fit mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts