Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just thought i would say hi. I'm a bit of a fake at the moment because i haven't actually purchased my Honda yet. I'm selling my car at the moment & hoping to pick up a 1.6 SR VTEC or a 1.8 VTI-S or VTI.
Then i can officially be part of the forum, instead of having my current imposter status.

oz

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Hehe, nice one for posting mate. if anyone has any knowledge of cars for sale then let him know.. also Oz, you should pop a post in the wanted section.. preferably with images of the exact models your after mate :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers ppl,

I'm currently driving a 1994 renault clio baccara. quite a nice car (if your a girl!!) I originally got it for the missus so she could learn to drive on an auto. Its on eBay at the moment.
Fingers crossed, i should have my Honda by next week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, sort of. If we were staying in the u.k long term. We are going to immigrate back to oz in about 18month's. Most cars out there are auto's. If you hold an automatic licence for 12months in Australia. After that period you can drive both. Thats the plan anyway. She will never get her licence anyway. So i want something i'm not embarrased to drive. A 94 clio baccara (auto) isn't really an expression of my male identity. My image at work has seriously diminished after buying that car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know mate, its a bit ridiculous. My first experience with a manual was driving a truck. I had just got a job delivering alcohol to clubs & pubs around Sydney.
I turned up to work. They loaded the truck, gave me a delivery list & told me to crack on. Out of embarassment I didn't mention the fact I had never driven a manual. I managed to roll off the drive, after which i spent half of the day bunny hopping down the streets of Sydney. Alas, at the end of the day I had taught myself how to drive a manual.
Unfortunately, most of the alcohol on the back of the truck didn't make it through my lesson. I certainly didn't get to deliver many whole bottles of alcohol that day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts