Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.
new to this site and honda!

not yet bought one but defo got 2 in mind.
looking at the 1.4 engines as i as still only 21 and only bin driving since april 2006 so insurance is stil sky high.

been looking at the 1.4 base model for 10,995, or theres a january offer for the 1.4 SE LTD EDN, with all the body kit, alloys and better engine performance, higher top speed, 0-60 8.9secs etc, which is selling for 13,495 new.

any suggestions guys?is that a good deal?

or have i overlooked any offers??

any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

regards,
ray

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a 1.6 VTEC lined up, have already had one write off, but am insured in my mum's name. Im 18, and taking the crash into consideration, i have been quoted £770 for the year, which i didnt think was to bad at all!

I dont think that's a bad a deal if your buying brand new, although i do think you can find something that has been looked after for alot less. That way you would have more money for mods too. I would rather go for a better engine, rather than buying new. The frustration with buying new cars, is it's always best to let them settle in before you get the best from them...although this Honda we're talking about ;)

Welcome to the site :D

Matt

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
would never recommend somebody to ever buy from new unless they are loaded lol!!

the money you lose the second you leave that garage is unreal, find yourself one thats maybe even just a couple of years

with low mileage and previous female non smoking driver lol!! will save you so much money and it will be as new!!

the EP civic sports are nice i have to say, insurance cant be too expensive for your age for a 1.6 vtec, few of my

friends have them

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Hello, yeah don't buy new, save your money on the car get a bigger engine and give it to the insurance company ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts